MODEC Ghana limited is a limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of the Republic of Ghana. Our core business is to provide operations and maintenance support to oil field companies.
Job Title: Instrumentation And Control Engineer
MODEC is seeking applications from enthusiastic, creative and fully suitably qualified Ghanaians for appointment into challenging, stimulating and exciting opportunities in the oil and gas industry in the following discipline:
- Provides Engineering support to achieve and maintain the technical and performance integrity of the FPSO Facility.
- Provides production and operations engineering change support for the Facilities systems including power generation, production process control systems, utility and marine systems.
- Provides I&E and Control systems support to the FPSO systems technicians, engineers and managers.
- Strong troubleshooting & knowledge with DCS, programmable logic controllers and associated hardware is desirable, specifically for: Power generation, gas turbine units Yokogawa CS3000 DCS system, other applicable FPSO PLC’s, FCS / FGS / SIS.
- Knowledge of relevant electrical safety acts, regulations, standards and international codes.
- Management and coordination of all project processes from budget preparation, financial approvals, schedule and cost estimates, risk and quality management, project execution and closure.
- Identify, review, and approve any QA/QC requirements for the Facility’s equipment and packages that relate to the electrical &instrumentation components of all management of change engineering change request work scopes.
- Identify, develop, and complete Management of Change, Engineering Change Requests including Engineering assessments with respect to all electrical & instrumentation & control engineering related systems and equipment. This includes the design and engineering standards and specifications review and development. Proposed change markups, electrical & instrumentation equipment sizing, engineering proposals & calculations as required for project approval.
- Analyzes and reports findings on the performance monitoring activities related specifically to Electrical & Instrumentation operational issues troubleshooting. Identifies any areas of concern and provides recommendations to the operations team for resolution. recommendations to the operations team for resolution.
- Provides ongoing progress reports to the Senior Facilities with respect to the electrical & instrumentation change request work activities and any identified issues.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Instrumentation & Control engineering or equivalent.
- Desirable Chemical or suitably experienced Electrical /Instrumentation Engineer.
- 10 years’ experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry desirably with Floating Production facilities.
- Able to demonstrate a good work ethic & knowledge of the relevant Ghanaian and international standards applicable to the industry, n how they relate specifically to the facility operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy in office packages, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Highly desirable, but not essential, experience with high voltage systems, Yokogawa DCS systems, HMI systems, instrumentation & control systems
- Knowledge of the document control and procurement management systems and processes.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their CVs and Cover Letters to the recruitment officer at; [email protected]ec.com
CLOSING DATE: 1st March 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
MODEC Ghana is an equal employment opportunity organisation.