Plans and supervises offshore crane & lifting equipment maintenance and operation. Coordinates with Crane Management Contractor and Site Teams to ensure all operations and maintenance meet site requirements with regards to availability and reliability, whilst fully complying with all HSE Regulations and Standards and Procedures.
Job Title: Crane Engineer
- Acts as the Technical Authority for Maintenance and Operation of Lifting Equipment and supports various divisions like Maintenance, Engineering, Drilling, Marine, and HSE on all maintenance, technical issues, procurement of new cranes, audits of lifting equipment
- Plans, co-ordinates and supervises maintenance, repairs and major overhauls performed on all offshore cranes and lifting equipment inclusive, Pedestal Cranes, Overhead Cranes, Lifeboat / Life raft Davits and Screen Winches.
- Manages and coordinates the performance of the Crane Management Contract including preparation of scopes of work, estimates, technical evaluation of bids and execution of services.
- Monitors pedestal crane and overhead cranes operation and maintenance data, including lab analysis and condition monitoring trends. Prepares recommendations and ensures implementation in maintenance strategy as necessary to improve performance.
- Represents Company for Factory Acceptance Tests at manufacturer’s facility for new lifting equipment.
- Provides the necessary back up and technical support in all matters related to cranes and lifting equipment. Troubleshooting and fault finding as required.
- Examines and inspects the cranes and advises on course of corrective action as necessary, carries out maintenance audits on lifting equipment offshore, reviews and updates crane and lifting equipment maintenance programs as required.
- Liaises and co-ordinates with other departments i.e.: Integrity, Drilling, Safety, Marine for inspection and load testing of cranes and lifting equipment.
- Carries out Inspection / Audit of all contractors cranages (Barge cranes & topside maintenance cranes & lifting equipment), this occurs prior to equipment being mobilized to work on Company locations.
- Liaises and co-ordinates with crane manufacturers for technical queries and advice. Provides necessary advice on spare parts queries, received from purchasing department/suppliers.
- Compliance and change management
- Ensures compliance to company CMMS, including closure and update of all work orders related to lifting operations.
- Carries out technical evaluations of new cranes and lifting equipment to ensure that all operational and technical requirements are met.
- Reviews and updates spare parts holding to maintain correct level according to actual operational requirements.
- Prepares Scope of Work for the contracts & tenders of major maintenance overhauls and repairs of Pedestal Cranes.
- Follows up and co-ordinates the implementation of overhauls inspections and repairs contracts related to Cranes, on site and at the contractor workshops. Evaluates and reviews the performance of the awarded contractors.
- Raises and reviews all upgrades and modification proposals related to pedestal cranes and communicates with Facilities Engineering Division as required.
- Follows up application of HSE procedures rules, regulation, and ensures full awareness of HSE rules by all subordinates/contractors as work progress.
- Maintains visit to offshore installations in order to meet with site management and prepares plans, follows up on any concerns and inspect the equipment.
- Works in line with HSE policy and ensures awareness and compliance of HSE rules and regulations by subordinates.
- Preferred a Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10 – 15 years’ experience with maintenance and operation of offshore pedestal cranes, overhead cranes, and lifting equipment.
- Comprehensive Hydraulics knowledge.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project delivery and project control principles / practices
- Experience and knowledge of financial aspects of project management
- Experience and knowledge of ERP systems
- Understanding of CMMS systems and their use.