Posted on :
29 Apr, 2019
29 Apr, 2019
The primary objective of this position is to support reliable, safe, and efficient production of oil and gas through providing maintenance technical support and implementation of innovative improvement solutions for electrical systems and equipment within MODEC offshore business.
– Responsibilities include providing technical oversight for all aspects of delivering a safe and cost-effective improvement solutions, support of operations and maintenance activities and provide lessons learned to new projects.
– This position requires a candidate to possess strong collaborative skills, ability to interface with team members, other company groups and technical partners scattered across multiple office and offshore operations field locations.
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
– Identify improvement opportunities and implement solutions in electrical systems and equipment in the MODEC’ fleet units, by conducting in-site visits or receiving feedback from offshore team.
– Proactively follow-up offshore maintenance teams to ensure maximum regularity and cost-efficient operation and maintenance, by identifying both execution improvement and backlog reduction opportunities.
– Determine the standard performance as baseline, assess business critical systems and equipment real condition and design and implement new condition-based maintenance procedures to improve availability and integrity of asset.
– Interact with Maintenance Engineering team to identify gaps and improvement opportunities in current maintenance routines and their job descriptions.
– Improve inspection and maintenance management of equipment installed on hazardous areas.
Investigate failures and incidents, perform root cause analysis, prepare technical reports, documentations and maintenance procedures.
– Implement corporative lessons learned to prevent recurrence of failure events which may lead to major impacts, such as personal injuries, environment incidents, emergency events, high maintenance costs, equipment unavailability and major damages.
– Act as technical support to operation teams on the preparation of requests for management of changes (MOC).
Provide input to project and pre-operations teams overseas, to implement lessons learned from the fleet in the new projects.
– Take part in making the technical assignment and invitation to tender for services, design works and relevant equipment. Participate in technical evaluation of tenderers. Carry out start-up meeting with suppliers and, including review of scope of work to make sure mutual understanding and alignment.
– Establish of an accurate monitoring of the Maintenance System performance, in such a way adequate actions to eliminate gaps and promote its continuous enhancement can be deployed through the development and implementation of proper KPIs and meaningful statistics.
– Verify quality according to design documentation during factory acceptance tests attendance.
Know MODEC’ maintenance philosophy and safety critical elements.
– Have a good understanding Brazilian regulation, IEC 60079, and other instrumentation and control associated standards and regulations.
Knowledge of electrical equipment such as panels, transformers, motors, motor generators and turbo generators.
Knowledge in maintenance of gas and air compressors, sulfate removal units, sea water injection pumps and pumps in general.
Knowledge of preventive and predictive maintenance techniques.
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
Fluent in English
Onshore position with the possibility to go offshore as per demand.
– 4 to 5 rotations of 28 days working and 14 days off.
– Onshore main work: 6 days a week – 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 12pm on Saturday.
– Offshore embarkations required and mandatory.
– Uplift for Ghana while in Ghana
To come to Ghana and work on and offshore, the professional will need:
– Yellow fever vaccination certificate;
– OG UK Medical Certificate.