Provide optimal optical network connectivity to every site in the network.
Job Title: Engineer, Transmission Planning
- Responsible for both active (ISP) and passive (OSP) part of the optical network for long haul, metro and GPON/FTTH.
- Plan, design, and implement long haul and metro optical transport networks to connect new sites/locations to the optical network
- Re-design and optimize existing optical network through equipment architecture change recommendation
- Prepare work orders for long haul, metro and FTTH/GPON connectivity
- Prepare detail document for existing and new optical network elements
- Provide support to the fiber implementation team to ensure successful completion of projects
- Lead review meetings with project implementation team to verify adherence to schedule, quality of work, potential challenges, changes in scope, reasons for delays and all other matters related to the project implementation.
- Solve complex optical network engineering problems with innovative solutions and select the most effective design to manage the resulting work order through to completion.
- Recognizes vulnerabilities in network infrastructure and makes intelligent decisions to ensure reliability – within financial constraints.
- Prepare and submit reports in a timely manner.
- A minimum of BSc Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in relevant field
- Good knowledge Optical Network Topology & Traffic engineering
- Good knowledge of DWDM networking or strong desire to learn more about optical networking.
- Broad experience in designing Inside Plant work plans with a thorough understanding Ethernet and IP protocols
- Broad experience in designing Onside Plant work plans with a thorough understanding of right-of-way and local municipal permitting.
- Candidate should have a working knowledge of the telecommunications industry standards, practices and regulations pertaining to the engineering of fiber optic networks
- Knowledge of aerial and underground construction methods and engineering requirements
- Experience with optical fiber measurements and troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of the ITU standards and recommendations
- Documentation/Records keeping skills
- GSM network operations overview
- A good knowledge of technological trends in the transport sector of the telecommunications industry.
- Skilled at evaluating data to make sound decisions, with the ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Must have strong work ethic, be well organized, and reliable. Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Courage Skills- Manages self and team performance, good conflict management, takes and manages accountability
- Energy & Drive – Innovative, Takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
- Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
- Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity u in dealings
- Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
- Organisational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, presentation Skills, commitment to the organization
- Strategic Skills – Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem solving abilities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by 3rd September 2018 to:
Email: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the Position in the subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.