Vodafone Group plc is a British multinational telecommunications company, with headquarters in London. It predominiantly operates services in the regions of Asia, Africa, Europe, and Oceania. Among mobile operator groups globally, Vodafone ranked fifth by revenue and second (behind China Mobile) in the number of connections (435.9 million) as of 2014.
Job Title: Infrastructure Architect
Analysing, designing, planning and optimization of cost effective IT Infrastructure ecosystem. Create, Maintain and Simplify an effective IT Infrastructure architecture for Vodafone Ghana in line with both OpCo and Vodafone Group long term goals and strategy.
- Architecting and designing highly available IT Network and Infrastructure solutions to meet requirements as defined by the business Area.
- Support the IT team to review software design to confirm compliance with architecture principles, specifications, lead design discussions, present ideas to others and assist in the integration of applications and technologies
- Advise and share experience on complex IT Network issues by providing technical guidance to project team members (consultancy).
- Set targets for success, and carry out on-going risk analysis. Identify and manage risks to success and escalate accordingly.
- Continued reporting and monitoring of IT Network capacity and planning around mitigation of any capacity issues
- Strong technological background, with qualification in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or equivalent
- More than 5 years’ experience in IT Network architecture
- Excellent knowledge of telecommunications infrastructure, networks and technologies
- Demonstrated extensive Design and Architecture experience in large and complex environments
- Ability to initiate and run complex projects to completion.
- Ability to manage delivery with external supplier and internal stakeholders.
- Self-driven innovator within IT Infrastructure.
- Professional qualifications in a related discipline, or equivalent industry experience; TOGAF, OS, Networks, Storage, Databases, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIE or JNCIP for example.