A company is any entity that engages in business.
All corporations are companies, but not all companies are corporations. Company is a much broader term than corporation, and it encompasses a lot of different types of businesses. These are a few of the key differences between a company and a corporation.
Companies can be structured in different ways. For example, your company can be a sole proprietorship, a partnership, or a corporation. Depending on which different type of company you’re dealing with, it may be owned by one person or a group of people. Liability in most types of company is assumed by the owners, and can either be limited or unlimited depending on the type.
An international company with a subsidiary in Ghana is seeking the services of
Job Title: Accounting Manager.
The Accounting Manager fills a key role within the team.
The position requires solid accounting experience combined with strong analytical skill. The Accounting Manager must possesse strong problem solving skills, work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work with others. This position is responsible for general accounting functions, including booking journal entries, account reconciliations, accruals and the maintenance of various banking relationships. This position will handle the month end accounting close process and financial statement preparation. This position will handle all aspects of the financial cycle including, but not limited to, monitor various metrics of the business to aide in daily operational decisions, liaise with financial auditors and work with various stakeholders throughout the business to provide clarity and transparency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Meet accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Ensure timely processing of the month end accounting close process.
- Prepare closing/adjusting journal entries for the month end closing cycle.
- Analyze balance sheet accounts for accuracy, provide detailed account reconciliations and adjust balances via journal entries where applicable.
- Recommend accounting procedures through analysis and assessment of current procedures.
- Preparation of consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and other sources.
- Liaise with all areas of the business and provide analysis and explanation on accounts, variances from plan, etc. where needed.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly compliance reports to banks and investors.
- Prepare deposits and the cash forecasting report.
- Ensure proper coding of expenses to correct accounts and departments.
- Maintain accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Liaise with financial auditors and manage communication and deliverables.
- Review / code purchase orders for correct account distribution.
- Carry out any other task/ responsibility in relation to the role.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Accounting.
- Must be a Chartered Accountant.
- At least five years of accounting/general ledger experience.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including generally accepted local and international accounting principles e.g. knowledge of US GAAP will be a plus.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Working knowledge of budgeting and forecasting and product-line profitability analysis.
- Requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced setting with tight deadlines.
Strong experience with Microsoft Office suite and Outlook.
Proficient in the use of QuickBooks Accounting software
How to Apply
Send your applications to [email protected] by the 29th of March, 2017.
Note that only qualified candidates should apply.
Due to the anticipated large volumes of applications that will be received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.