Posted on :
11 Nov, 2016
11 Nov, 2016
ACDI/VOCA is an economic development organization that fosters broad-based economic growth, raises living standards, and creates vibrant communities. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA has worked in 146 countries since 1963. Its expertise is in catalyzing investment, climate smart agriculture, empowerment & resilience, institutional strengthening, and market systems.
Job Title: Accountant
We are currently seeking an Accountant to be based in Bolga for this project. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Ensures all expenses/financial transactions are properly coded in the financial system according to chart of accounts
• Prepares and submits accurate and timely financial reports for the project to the Finance Manager
• Prepares financial information for the quarterly and annual reports as required
• Monitors budget and tracks all expenses and disbursements against the budget
• Provides analysis of spending as required
• Ensures the project meets its legally required reporting, tax, social security,and other financial obligations
• Oversees sub-recipient agreement financial compliance, budget tracking and financial projections
• Performs general banking duties including deposits, transfers, and cashing checks
• Ensures financial files are audit ready
• Coordinates financial operations with accountants from other ACDI/VOCA projects in country.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Degree in accounting from an accredited institution. Part II of ACCA, ICSA, CIMA, CPA or other recognized professional qualification.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in financial management. Experience in an international non-governmental organization is preferred.
• Experience with donor project procedures, policies and compliance requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong analytical, organizational and research and problem solving skills. Accuracy and attention to detail
• Proven ability to use Microsoft Office Word, Excel, QuickBooks and other relevant computer applications
• Ability to work with minimal guidance and manage priorities and work flow
• Versatility, flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines with changing priorities
• Relationship-building skills. Demonstrable ability to work in a team. Excellent interpersonal skills as necessary to work effectively with persons on all levels both inside and outside the company
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to travels to project offices as required
How To Apply For The Job
To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a resume/CV to:
Closing Date: 18 November, 2016
• No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted
• Women and minorities encouraged to apply