Posted on :
7 Feb, 2017
7 Feb, 2017
Relief Alliance is a non-governmental organization with a primary focus of promoting development through partner, donor and community engagement. We work to transform lives today and help enact lasting solutions to improve the wellbeing of children, families and communities. Relief Alliance support and implements activities that impact positively on people particularly children and women through health promotion, improved education, advocacy for change and livelihood empowerment.
Job Title: Partnering & Resource Acquisition Manager
JOB PURPOSE: Strategically identify funding opportunities and develop proposal for resource acquisition. He/She will maintain and strengthen relationships with stakeholders and identify opportunities for additional partnerships.
NB: He/She will be part of the senior management team, reporting directly to the Program Director and shall be required to liaise with program consultants and partners effectively. (Benefits and salaries are subject to availability of funds)
Resource Acquisition & Proposal Development
• Identify new opportunities to acquire funds and donations in support to Technical Programs.
• Lead the development and submission of high quality concept notes and proposals to existing and new donors, coordinating inputs from Programme team and technical leads.
• Review calls for proposals and advice regional office.
• Work closely with the rest of the team in ensuring no duplication of fundraising activities is taking place.
• Develop a clear fundraising strategy to secure funds from new sources for continuous implementation of project.
• Research and analyze changing donor environment and strategies and advice on effective influencing of donors.
• Assist team in planning and coordinating the development and submission of competitive, high quality concept papers, donor proposal, and budgets.
• Work effectively with colleagues in other functions, partner organizations, and affiliates to develop joint funding proposals.
• In conjunction with the technical team, work to develop a strategy which is aligned to the vision, mission and values.
• Establish clear systems to ensure frequent applications are submitted on behalf of the project.
• Ensure that all legal reporting requirements are satisfied.
• Maintain records of donor information for future use.
• Facilitate RA engagement with funding agencies, consultants and other external stakeholders in order to identify and generate opportunities for funding.
• Develop and maintain a solid working relationships with major (government/private) donors and partners.
Qualification Required & Experience
• MSc/MA in Development Studies, International Relations, Business Administration, Social Sciences or Technical ( Public Health, Education)
• First Degree preferably in Development Studies, Social Science, Economics, Financial Management, Business Administration or International Relations.
• Minimum 2 years experience in managing donor contracts and fundraising activities, in particular from institutional donors such as Global FUND, UKAID/ DFID, USAID, UNICEF, SIDA, DANIDA, SIMAVI, WHO, UNFPA, ADRA, GAC, FHI, OFDA, UNDP, UNICEF, UNDP, EU, CIDA, etc.
• Proven one year experience in funding management and/or coordination in an international non-governmental organization is a plus.
• Sound understanding of Program Cycle Management in development environments.
• MUST give evidence of successful project(s) funded through his/her initiative.
• Existing understanding of fundraising and contract management systems and procedures
• Proven ability to influence managers, with previous experience in negotiating with principal recipient and main donors.
• Ability to represent RA to funding agencies and other external institutions
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communications skills
• Excellent with the ability to work effectively with others in diverse team situations to achieve fundraising targets.
How to Apply For the Job
All interested applicants should send in their applications, CVs and relevant documents to:
Closing Date: 28 February, 2017
NB: In view of the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.