Vodafone in Ghana is an operating company of Vodafone Group Plc., the world’s leading mobile telecommunications company, with a significant presence in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and the United States.
Vodafone is the only total communications solutions provider – mobile, fixed lines, internet, voice and data – and is currently unmatched in providing fixed line and internet services – the leader and the first choice for Ghanaians. We are the second ranked operator in mobile with a huge potential to take over the market. As a corporate body, we value our customers and constantly build key relationships with the private sector and government.
Job Title: Network Strategy Engineer
Formulate and drive Vodafone Ghana Strategic Plans (short, mid and long range) for the Network in line with business forecasts, align with Vodafone Group strategic guidelines and also translate business requirements into functional projects, design architecture and manage network and capacity demands.
- Network Strategy: Create Vodafone Ghana strategic plans and roadmaps for Radio Access (GSM/UMTS/LTE/Wi-Fi); Transport, Core etc in line with Vodafone Group strategic guidelines.
- Network Architecture: Conduct a high level business case for architectural initiatives and translate them into developmental projects, trials, implementable plans; solutions/topology and design support
- Budget and Business KPIs: Long term budget forecast preparation (3 -5 years) for radio access network; spectrum holding costing; INTP, ODNP, 5+7, 9+15 reporting
- Business Continuity Planning: define business requirements for Business Continuity Planning across network domain
- Operational Excellence: Ensure platforms and systems consolidation; energy savings initiatives
Must Have Technical / Professional Qualifications
- University degree in Electrical, Electronic or Telecom Engineering or equivalent qualification
- 5 or more years’ experience in telecoms network with at least 3 years in a radio planning and systems function
- Strong background and experience in creation of both short range and long range Network Strategy and Plans
Excellent knowledge in mobile & fixed networks design methodologies
- Excellent knowledge in mobile technologies and evolution into converged network
- Strong Strategic Vision, takes initiative and very innovative
- Have strong decision making skills and the ability to work independently.
- Good understanding of network architecture and interfaces