HSLP Coordinator – Ahafo Operations
Newmont Ghana Gold Limited a subsidiary of Newmont Mining Corporation, one of the World’s largest gold mining companies.
The successful candidate will report to the Assistant Superintendent and will carry out the requirements of the Integrated and Health Safety and Loss Prevention Management Systems for the Ahafo operations.
- Develop and administer programs to prevent accidents/incidents and loss due to processing activities including plant maintenance
- Provide advice to line management regarding hazard identification, risk management, safety rules, regulations, trends, statistics and compliance
- Participate in accident/incident investigations to discover root causes and identify corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Conduct health and safety inspections and audits. Prepare reports and close out corrective actions in a timely manner
- Develop health and safety policies and procedures
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Required Skills or Experience
- A degree or Graduate Diploma in Health, Safety and Loss Prevention
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ working experience in and safety field with an extractive industry
- Thorough understanding of Safety Management Systems
- Sound knowledge of risk management and loss prevention processes
- Accident/incident investigation experience
- Auditing, training and first aid qualifications desirable
- Excellent report writing skills
How To Apply
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your application letter and current CV with references, indicating your e-mail address, telephone contact information to the address below:
The Human Resources Manager
Newmont Ghana Gold Limited
P. O. Box 59
Kenyasi, Brong Ahafo Region
Or email to: [email protected]Please indicate the job applied for on the envelope and in the subject line of the email. Applying through email is preferable.
Closing 4th Nov, 2011