Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Job Title: Facilities and Contracts Supervisor
About This Role
To supervise, plan and coordinate contracted services to guarantee organizational contractual interests are well handled, and deliver services in maintenance, repairs, and projects in compliance to local and company standards.
In This Role You Will:
Facilities & Contract Management
- Handle supplier relationships and negotiate contract renewals or extensions; catering, janitorial and maintenance contracts at the site, while adhering to company standards.
- Initiate, process, and establish Service Level Agreements for the maintenance of equipment.
- Process all utility bills, operating permits, and rates for all leased properties, and keep an updated record of said activities.
- Supervise the delivery of new infrastructure projects in a quality, cost efficient and safe manner.
- Handle the site accommodation units and other facilities such as recreational and office units to ensure high standard in terms of cleanliness, repairs, and maintenance.
Maintenance and Repairs
- Supervise general maintenance of facilities by establishing maintenance schedules and track maintenance for all serviceable equipment, as well as maintenance costs.
- Coordinate and supervise the resolution of all repairs and renovations daily.
- Carry out audits and inspections on facilities, including buildings, and vendors.
- Ensure constant supply of power through ECG / Generators.
- Update data on maintenance equipment and use data to generate reports for Management review.
- Handle warehouse inventory and maintain records thereof.
- Observe the state of buildings and equipment to confirm if they are in top condition and functional.
- Follow-up on water supply services and effective management of waste, per local and company standards.
- Conduct assessment review of business partners’ performance in the field and maintain records of said performance.
- Supervise work performance with focus on adherence to safety and security standards.
- Support the Site Services Manager to continuously review operational procedures.
- Coordinate the provision of general household needs as specified in the Standard Operating Procedure.
- Submit a monthly headcount per the Business Partner Management Standard.
- Support the preparation of budget and forecast for Site Services cost centers.
- Review, vet and reconcile invoices received from vendors and other contractors and take corrective actions for any discrepancies identified.
- Lead events and projects in the department, including Continuous Improvement Projects.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- First Degree or Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical / Civil Engineering, Building Technology or equivalent.
- Advance knowledge of supply chain process, real estate’s industry, employee, and contract management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Facilities or Project Management in a multinational or large organization.
- Between 1 to 2 years’ experience in contract management in a large organization and third-party contractor employees’ management.
- Advanced administrative skills and negotiation skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Assertive and Customer focused.
- Deadline driven.
- Safety conscious.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described, are a representation of those that must be met by an employee to efficiently perform in this role.
- This role is on call for maintenance and repairs emergencies.