To support the development, implementation, continuous improvement and execution of Newmont’s logistics and transportation, policies and guidelines to drive shared goals and objectives, specifically for logistics and freight activities. To oversee all administrative regional shipping and transportation planning activities, in order to verify all regulatory obligations are met, in compliance with regional government and Newmont procedures and policies.
Job Title: Freight Co-ordinator
In addition to enhancing Newmont’s overall logistics and transportation management capability through continuous improvement.
Main responsibility areas will include;
- Customer Relations.
- Freight Invoice Review & Management of SAP Freight Account.
- Local Content.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Communicate with Suppliers, Freight Forwarder and End user to achieve desired satisfaction.
- Evaluate and process claims made by customers and interface with Freight Forwarder for resolution.
- Review all Freight invoices to ensure accuracy and application to the correct cost centre.
- Periodically reconcile Freight Account with Finance to ensure freight costs are appropriately allocated.
- Oversee the operational and administrative requirements regarding freight and logistics for Newmont.
- Route incoming and outgoing communication regarding freight shipments and transportation needs.
- File freight and transportation documentation as required by law and record keeping standards, continuously seek new ways to address cost and improve efficiency in the freight and logistics category.
- Support in the execution local content strategy for the site in alignment with the regional and global strategies.
YOUR TRAINING, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE CHECKLIST
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related, Supply Chain, Accounting or equivalent fields
- Knowledge of Maintenance Planning.
- Customs Process proficiency.
- Shipping Procurement.
- Clearing and Forwarding.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ of directly related freight, logistics and transportation planning or equivalent. A combination of training and experience is required.
- One (1) to Three (3) years’ of management experience – leading teams and having direct reports.
- Mining Experience preferred.
- Strong computer, Microsoft Office skills i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, knowledge of all Supply Chain functional areas.
- Negotiating skills.
- Market Forecasting.
- Financial Management.
- Personal Attributes:Safety conscious, Respectful, Customer focused, Reliable, Honesty, Confident, Results driven, Team player, and Willing to learn continually, Strong interpersonal skills, Positive curiosity.
- Regular travel to our Akyem and Ahafo mine sites will be required.
- The incumbent is exposed to an environment where the need for detailed or precise work is extreme.