Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health, and safety for our workforce, and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities, and Newmont’s shareholders.
Job Title: Process Maintenance Parts Coordinator
About This Role:
- To be accountable for maintaining and controlling maintenance spare parts for the site; also, the day to day operations including stock availability, reserving, and pulling, kitting, and staging spare parts.
- To support the warehouse if required on daily cycle counts; aid plant personnel in identifying and locating spare parts, and assist the Finance department to perform audits.
In This Role You Will:
Health, Safety, and Environment
- Deliver on prescribed outcomes and/or provide support services, by applying Newmont’s Health, Safety, and Environment systems, policies, and protocols.
- Ensure that safety standards are adhered to.
- Contribute to and attend all safety meetings.
- Properly store, segregate, and protect materials, parts and supplies.
- Ensure accuracy of parts issued.
- Follow proper procedures when receiving, stocking, issuing, and disposing of all spare parts.
- Follow proper procedures for performing inventory counts and audits.
- Provide emergency support for locating and ordering out of stock and/or obsolete critical parts.
Maintenance Work Management in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Update Component Tracking in CMMS.
- Check that work orders are completed with appropriate labor, materials and coding in a timeous manner.
- Produce key performance indicators for each period, review performance and take action to improve.
- Support a flexible work schedule that includes overtime, shift changes, and emergency call-in.
- Support spare parts ordering and cost saving initiatives.
Plant Shutdown Materials/ Parts Management
- Review all materials or parts required for each shutdown.
- Determine shutdown critical path activities and ensure that all parts are booked out and staged
- Finalize and commit shutdown parts budget and schedule.
Kitting and Staging of Materials or Parts
- Support plant SAP system from spare parts prospective by kitting required spare parts, reviewing safety stock to insure sufficient stock is on hand to support preventive maintenance activities, updating changes, and submitting reservations for parts used in PM’s.
- Assist with the kitting and parts coordination of major focus plant and utility outages as well as long-term maintenance schedules.
- Support spare parts ordering and cost saving initiatives.
- Obtain work approvals to release parts ordered or reserved, as required.
- Create reservations and requisitions for parts, materials, services and special tools and equipment.
- Update the Bill of Materials (BOMs) or Application Parts List (APL’s) and Work Packs.
- Organize and facilitate parts availability review meetings with key stakeholders, as required.
- Identify all parts available for work in the next schedule period.
- Run and distribute the following report for each scheduling period to relevant stakeholders: Work Order Parts and Material Availability Report.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years or HND in Electrical Engineering with a minimum 4 years related work experience in Mechanical or Electrical and Instrumentation maintenance (preferably in a gold process plant).
- Strong knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Strong knowledge of the work management process.
- Knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Sound knowledge of the operation of the CMMS (Ellipse/SAP).
- General knowledge of performance measures and their interpretation.
- General knowledge of defect elimination methodologies and their interpretation.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a spare parts department for a processing plant, preferably within a highly regulated industry like mining.
- Strong planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Sound computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and MS Project.
- Sound information monitoring and management skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritise jobs in order of importance.
- Ability to provide management and support staff with clear, detailed, verbal instructions or guidance to perform their assigned roles.
- Detail focused.
- Goal oriented.
- Quality oriented.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
- Technically inclined.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to lift 50 pounds parts, climb stairs, walk for a number of hours and stand.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the office work environment is minimal. Occasional exposure to noise, fumes, high temperature hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc.