Posted on :
21 Oct, 2016
21 Oct, 2016
Established in 2007, AUMS is a leader in providing a full suite of underground mining contract services to the African Mining industry, supported by a safe and performance orientated culture. We believe in investing in the development of our people and back them with state of the art equipment and world’s best practice.
Due to the award of a mine development contract at Ahafo for the Subika Underground Mine and subject to Newmont’s Board final approval, AUMS is seeking expressions of interest for up-coming work in Ghana from suitably qualified applicants to fill the following role
Job Title: Mine Foremen
Qualification Required & Experience
• Demonstrate a minimum of 10+ year’s high level of underground mining operational experience with at least 4 years in a Mine Foreman or Superintendent role.
• Have the ability to plan and coordinate the activities of multiple teams and a large and modern fleet of mining equipment engaged in underground mining activities.
• Show advanced understanding of high speed development with proven ability to execute to plan and achieve set targets.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of and experience with modern production techniques inclusive of long hole drilling with both longhole and ITH rigs as well as knowledge of raising with ITH and boxhole and electronic blasting.
• Directing workers in ensuring adherence to the applicable mining laws and safety regulations and enforcing standards,
• Carry out regular inspections at the mine and maintenance areas and rectify any safety concerns in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated ability to work closely with client teams and assist with weekly, monthly and rolling 3 month planning.
How to Apply For the Job
If you have the required qualifications and experience, Certificate of competency issued by the Inspectorate Division of the Minerals Commission of Ghana, and wish to express your interest, please send an up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) and qualifications along with a covering letter confirming the role you wish to apply for to:-
Closing Date: 30 November, 2016