Fidelity Bank is a commercial bank in Ghana which was issued with its Universal Banking License on June 28, 2006, making it the 22nd bank to be licensed by the Bank of Ghana.It is one of the twenty-seven (27) licensed commercial banks in the country
Fidelity Bank was issued with its universal banking license on June 28th 2006, making Fidelity Bank Ghana Limited, the 22nd bank to be licensed by the Bank of Ghana under the new Banking Act, 2004 (Act 673). The Bank is owned by Ghanaian individuals, other institutional investors and its senior executives.
The Bank was formerly Fidelity Discount House, the leading discount house in Ghana. After operating profitably for 8 years, the business environment in the country attracted investors to the idea of establishing a bank.
Fidelity Bank has a team of high calibre professionals with diverse skills and experience. The Bank has invested heavily in technology and continues to invest heavily in training to ensure that it is at par with the best in the world. Fidelity Bank offers a comprehensive range of products and services to meet the banking and financial needs of existing and potential customers.To ensure the relevance of our comprehensive range of products and services, we continually review the demographics of our customer segments to ensure that our offerings meet the banking and financial needs of existing and potential customers.
Job Title: Project Manager
To work in tandem with the Head, IT Business to:
- Analyze business requirements for (transformation) Technology and Business projects,
- Plan and execute Fidelity Bank Ghana Limited’s Business Transformation projects.
- Provide portfolio oversight and reporting for these projects
- Business Analysis
- Requirements Gathering and analysis
- Project Management
- Business Process Analysis and optimization
- Program Management
- Portfolio Management
- Organizational Project Management
- Agile Project Management
- Enterprise Architecture
- User Acceptance Testing and System Integration Testing
- B.Sc. in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering or B.Sc. in Computer Science or Information Technology or B.Sc. in MIS or related areas
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in planning, supporting and delivering technology-based projects within the financial or related business areas.
- PMP® certification required
- Prince2® Foundation required; Prince2® Practitioner considered a plus
- Agile certification (Scrum, PMI-ACP) considered a plus
- Knowledge of the Banking industry and the Ghanaian Banking landscape
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Working knowledge of PMBOK® framework
- Working knowledge of the BABOK Business Analysis framework or the PMI-PBA Business analysis framework required.
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience with UML modeling, ER Design required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Advanced presentation skills using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Oracle Primavera P6 considered a plus.
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Working knowledge of Risk Management
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture a plus
- Experience with Business process design and improvement required
- Certification in Business Process Design considered a plus.
- Good analysis and problem-solving skills
- Negotiation skills
- Administrative skills
- Team player
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
Key Result Areas
- Requirements gathering
- Business analysis
- Project planning
- Project execution/delivery
- Project monitoring
- Project closure
- Project documentation
- Program Management
- Portfolio Management
- Risk Management.
Requirements Gathering and Business Analysis
- Oversee gathering of requirements through formal requirements gathering methodologies.
- Oversee the collation of requirements into standard requirements gathering templates for sign-off
- Assist with stakeholder identification and analysis according to established methodologies.
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise on Requirements Gathering and Business Analysis
- Execute the project planning process according to the stipulated process and policies.
- Monitor the project officer’s work comprising follow ups with vendors, internal project customers and other relevant parties to projects
- Execute and provide oversight on project planning activities covering but not limited to:
- Scope definition
- Project schedule analysis and schedule creation
- Quality metrics definition and monitoring
- Risk analysis and ongoing maintenance of a risk register
- Project resourcing decisions and follow up
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise on project planning
- Lead the execution of planned project covering these activities:
- Proactive risk monitoring utilizing the risk register
- Proactive issues tracking utilizing issues log
- Proactive tracking of scheduling using the project schedule
- Proactive tracking of resources utilizing the resource calendar and scheduled work.
- Documentation updates (plans, registers, trackers, etc.)
- Daily project work tracking utilizing project schedule
- Overseeing the processing and follow up of vendor payments, per diems, etc.
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise on project delivery approaches
Business Process Analysis and optimization
- Review Business Processes and business policies in relation to projects to assess support for project delivery
- Make recommendations, where appropriate, for improvements to facilitate excellent project delivery and increased business value
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise on business process analysis and optimization
Program Management and Portfolio Management
- Apply, where applicable, the principles of Program and Portfolio Management to bring consistency to the process of managing projects.
- Manage, the entire repertoire of projects using the principles of program and portfolio management to increase business value, strategy-project alignment and resource utilization.
- Be a custodian of the IT Projects Manual and SOP, providing yearly reviews of processes to keep in line with modern project, program and portfolio management best practices.
- Ensuring compliance of all projects to the SOP.
- Apply, where applicable and useful to delivery, the principles and practices of Agile Project Management
- Work in tandem with the Head, IT Strategy and Architecture to arrive at scalable architecture for projects.
- Provide architecture recommendations, where applicable.
- Prepare and submit weekly reports for each project in the combined portfolio
- Prepare and submit weekly summary reports as per the distribution in the Projects SOP
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to the following:
- Technology Manager’s meeting – Third Wednesday of the month
- Technology Steering committee – Monthly by 23rd of each month
- Board Technology sub-committee – Quarterly or on request
- Board sub-committee on project prioritization – Quarterly or on request
- Prepare and submit ad hoc reports on project status as per request from sponsor, Head, IT Business, CIO or Executives
- The custodian and monitor of the PMIS
- Prepare and maintain project management artifacts as stipulated by the Projects SOP, including but not limited to: project schedule, project plan, risk register, issues log, payments tracker, project dashboards, communications plan, stakeholder register, etc.
- Prepare and submit a project closure report detailing follow-on actions at the close of each project
- Prepare and circulate lessons learned for each completed or terminated project.
User Acceptance Testing and System Integration Testing
- Provide oversight and guidance to Business Units in the preparation of user acceptance test scripts
- Oversee the User Acceptance Testing process, where necessary and applicable
- Collate and provide a comprehensive User Acceptance Testing report
- Notification of projects slipping by pre-determined allowed slippages per project.
- Immediate notification of projects for which critical path activities have slippage
- Escalation of non-compliant vendors or project team members.
- Report all suspicious or fraudulent activities to Compliance.
- Report project governance non-compliance to Head, IT Business