Our client, Africa’s leading independent Oil and Gas Exploration and Production (E&P) Company with a diverse portfolio of assets across Africa as well as interests in Europe, South Asia, and South America is seeking to employ five (5) highly experienced supervisory staff with proven experience in Deepwater operations for a short-term offshore drilling campaign (3-6 months) .
Job Title: RIG Superintendent
Reporting to the Well Delivery Manager, the job holder will be responsible for providing day to day operations management of one or more rigs to deliver well objectives in accordance with the company’s standards and procedures in the safest & cost-effective manner.
- Implement and monitor EHS plans for all operations
- Provide the day to day operational and technical expertise in rig operations including the design, execution, and post job analysis as needed.
- Manage daily operations to ensure full understanding of issues, operational problems, FIRs, cost, etc.
- Initiate and manage specialist projects for optimization and/or reduction in well cost.
- Manage operations in the most cost-effective manner and cost control of all activities.
- Plan for future wells and ensure required materials and services are available in country and allocated as required.
- Ensure well hazard assessments and operational hazard assessments and HAZOPs are conducted in accordance with the company’s requirements
- A first degree in an engineering discipline, preferably in mechanical / petroleum engineering
- A valid Well Control certification (at least IWCF Subsea Supervisory level)
- A valid survival certification (BOSIET)
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in Drilling Engineering/Operations with operating companies.
- Subsea drilling experience within the last 5 years in deep water or ultra-deep water.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Rig Superintendent.
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience working offshore in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of subsea completions preferably including running of intelligent completions, subsea well testing, and subsea tree / landing string systems.