Posted on :
24 Sep, 2018
24 Sep, 2018
PEG delivers Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. PEG’s anchor product – a basic solar home system that includes three lights, a phone charger and a radio – allows consumers living on $5-10 per day to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time.
To date, PEG has over $20 million and has 200 full time staff across Ghana and Ivory Coast. PEG has also won numerous awards, including the prestigious 2017 Ashden International Award for excellence in sustainable energy, and has been named as one of the “fastest growing companies in Africa” by the London Stock Exchange.
Job Title: Data App Engineer
Are you excited working for a startup that is a social enterprise creating Impact on local communities?
Are you curious about using data to drive social good and help businesses make decisions based on this data. Then you are the person we are looking for
About the Role:
The Data App Engineer is to be a resource in building and developing PEG Africa Data capabilities, whose main responsibilities will be to focus on initiatives that help drive sales insights within the business by having the technical capabilities to build and create software solutions that will help drive data and analytical insights for the Sales team. A major focus will be on candidate(s) having mobile app development skills to assist in digitizing and transforming data collected into an app format presentation that can be consumed by end-users.
● Big picture thinker
● Mobile App Development
● Demonstrated collaborative skills
● Demonstrated pragmatism and innovation
● Avid learner, constantly keeping up to date with technology advances
● Demonstrated experience in the Data domain, specifically related to application development and transactional data.
● Project management; Waterfall and Agile
Required Technical Expertise
● Comprehensive understanding Relational SQL
● You’ve built native mobile applications for either iOS or Android (or both!)
● Maintenance of Data Quality
● Working with Linux
● Knowledge of state-of-the-art startup-style software development methods: Github, StackOverflow, JIRA, Confluence, etc
● Experience with Python and associated tools & resources
● Experience with Jupyter notebooks
The ideal candidate will:
· Collaborate with our data analysts & data engineers on to build and deploy algorithms on the platform.
· Understand Users’ Mobile Needs – In this case our the Sales Team. You will a have to sit down with the client and do some active listening to find out what they want out their mobile app. The information learned in these conversations is the precursor to the project plan.
· Develop Project Plans Based on Client Needs. The project plan is the outline detailing all the programming that needs to be done to complete the project.
· Perform Detailed Quality Assurance Tests. Before the app is launched, you will be required to run various quality assurance tests to make sure all features are functioning.
· Monitor App Feedback for Potential Patch or Upgrade Needs. It will be your responsibility to constantly monitor user feedback and generate ideas to patch or improve the app.
· Build and enhance data models with an intent to improve sales channel efficiency and effectiveness
· Define and implement cutting edge analysis programs to support incremental sales programs
· Serve as a data analytical expert to the Sales team
· Present analyses and recommendations to the Sales Team and its Leadership.
· Think creatively: PEG is a place that is permanently pushing the boundaries within its space. We are not looking for someone that will just estimate models, write analyses and code. We want someone that will extract insights and provide business recommendations.
· Generate Impact: We want someone obsessed with impact. We don’t want a person who is just interested in finding patterns in the data. We want someone that understands how to turn those discoveries into value for our customers and sales team every day.