Posted on :
21 Jul, 2016
21 Jul, 2016
A pharmaceutical drug (also referred to as a pharmaceutical, pharmaceutical preparation, pharmaceutical product, medicinal product, medicine, medication, medicaments, or simply a drug) is a drug used to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent disease. Drug therapy (pharmacotherapy) is an important part of the medical field and relies on the science of pharmacology for continual advancement and on pharmacy for appropriate management.
Drugs are classified in various ways. One of the key divisions is by level of control, which distinguishes prescription drugs (those that a pharmacist dispenses only on the order of a physician, physician assistant, or qualified nurse) from over-the-counter drugs (those that consumers can order for themselves). Another key distinction is between traditional small-molecule drugs, usually derived from chemical synthesis, and biopharmaceuticals, which include recombinant proteins, vaccines, blood products used therapeutically (such as IVIG), gene therapy, monoclonal antibodies and cell therapy (for instance, stem-cell therapies). Other ways to classify medicines are by mode of action, route of administration, biological system affected, or therapeutic effects. An elaborate and widely used classification system is the Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical Classification System (ATC system). The World Health Organization keeps a list of essential medicines.
A reputable pharmaceutical manufacturing company based in Koforidua requires the services of a suitably qualified person for the position of:
Job Title: Head Of Engineering
• The Head of Engineering reports to the Managing Director and supervises Technical Personnel to ensure that the company’s Plant and equipment are efficiently managed to achieve good manufacturing and safety practices. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for installation and commissioning of all new plant and equipment and provide inputs for enhancing engineering policies within the company.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Candidates must possess a Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent professional Engineering qualification.
• A minimum of 5 years relevant post qualification experience is required
• A 3 years proven track record of achievement in management position in a manufacturing environment will be an advantage
• The candidate must possess excellent IT competencies for engineering applications
• He / She should be a member of the Ghana Institution of Engineers or an equivalent internationally recognised professional engineering body
Location: Eastern Region
How to Apply
Interested persons should send their application letters with detailed curriculum vitae to:
Or mail to:
The Managing Director
P.O.Box KF 63
Closing Date: 31 August, 2016