The Business Development Manager/ Customer Services Account Manager West Africa will be responsible for leading the country to realize the business objectives of Philips Heath Systems (equipment) and drive the total country ‘upstream’ business creation and ‘downstream’ business execution. The Business Development Manager is a key position holder within the region. The role is to be based in Ghana, Accra.
Job Title: Business Development Manager/ Customer Services Account Manager
This position will be reporting to the Sales Manager, Health Systems West Africa.
You are responsible for:
- Accountable for maximizing order intake, sales (incl. Point-Of-Sale Services Contracts) and price realization within the country for cross modality equipment
- Support Annual Operating Planning process
- Ensure high level of engagement of channel partners – this includes the selection, development, goal setting and performance measurements of channel partners.
- Drive business development in the country with a 12 to 24 month outlook and 3 month planning horizon in specific (e.g. funnel management, status, corrective action plan)
- Own the funnel maintenance within the country and business; ensure funnel management tool is up to date, systematically analyzing win & loss deals, expectations, customer satisfaction (NPS), market, competition and trends
- Responsible for creation and execution of corrective action plans
- Responsible for country product mix (QxP)
- Consolidate information about market trends, competitor’s sales practices and potential projects.
- Build/Execute marketing plan , translating the marketing strategy into tangible deliverables related to customers & portfolio
- Optimize market share actively managing the portfolio to take account of changing environments
- Conduct win / loss analyses to examine reasons for success / failure
- Drive growth by identification of business opportunities and allocate resources and business tools accordingly
- Identify new business, channel opportunities and customer needs in the country(s) to ensure growth
- Support new products launches in line with strategy
- Monitor country market prices, provide input on competitive price developments and product price positioning based on win / loss analyses. Escalate positioning / pricing issues to next level
- Provide feedback on product requirements, competition (e.g. portfolio, sales tools, tactics) to next level
- Provide sales tools requirements to next level
- Provide outlook on market size, growth and share
Customer Services Account Management
- Responsible for the overall Customer Services (CS) sales business within the district
- Promotes and executes the sales of CS products together with district sales teams in accordance with the CS sales strategy
- Establish and maintain effective Customer / Distributor relations in cooperation with the district management and district sales teams
- Responsible for filling the funnel management tool and systematically analyzing win / loss deals, expectations, customer satisfaction (NPS), market, competition and trends
- Provide input and feedback on sales strategy and planning to district and regional management
- Support the Account Manager in case of point of sale deals
- Responsible for maintaining and increasing CS service contracts for Installed Base
- Promote and execute the sales of out of warranty contracts
- Promote and execute the sales of higher level CS contracts
- Promote and execute renewal and upsell of CS contracts
- Responsible for reporting customer feedback according to applicable quality standard policy and follow up relevant assigned quality & regulatory training in a timely manner
Manage business relationships with Key Decision Makers, strategic accounts and Key Opinion Leaders, in addition to customers representing the different market segments
Quality and Regulatory
Take all necessary actions, including the deployment of team objectives, to ensure full compliance with all Business and Q&R policies and procedures
General Management & Authorities
In addition to the responsibilities mentioned above the job incumbent will be responsible for some local general management and fiduciary responsibilities. The may include (this list is not exhaustive):
- Fiduciary responsibilities for Philips Ghana Ltd
- Acting as the business to government liaison as and when required
- Acting as the Philips Ghana Ltd external spokesperson
- Assuming responsibility as the country representative for diplomatic relations
You are a part of an organisation with an incredible diversity of nationalities, skills, backgrounds, functions and challenges. At Philips we have opportunities for graduates as well as experienced professionals in everything from applied research to marketing and sales in over 100 countries. We’re a fascinating company to be part of, with a strong emphasis on cultural awareness, mutual understanding and out-of-the-box thinking.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Degree level education or equivalent.
- Knowledge of medical equipment (X-Ray, MRI, CT) is a preference
- Experience in sales and / or marketing in a B2C/B2B environment
- Experience in legal entity management or willingness to learn
- Knowledge of channel structures
- Understanding of local Healthcare market is highly preferred
- Fluent in English both verbal as written.
- Order intake, price realization and sales versus target
- Customer Satisfaction (NPS)
- Forecast accuracy and CRM funnel management quality
- Socket retention rate & Installed base development
- Clean orders
- Product mix
- Legal entity compliance
- Customer Services Contract penetration
- Warranty Conversion
- On time completion
In return, we offer you a dynamic position in a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.