The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) is a voluntary, not for profit organization that undertakes advocacy and service delivery in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in Ghana. PPAG is a Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). It is governed by respectable volunteers who are the members of the Association. The Governing body, formulate policies which are implemented by staff.
Job Title: Advocacy & Resource Mobilization Manager
- POSITION: ADVOCACY & RESOURCE MOBILIZATION MANAGER
- LOCATION: PPAG HEAD OFFICE, ACCRA
- REPORT TO: DIRECTOR OF SERVICE DELIVERY AND PROGRAMMES
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Director of Service Delivery and Programmes, will work to maximize revenue for PPAG from all income streams to achieve the resource mobilization and fund raising targets.
KEY FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
To develop and implement programmes that will reposition the Association through advocacy, marketing, resource mobilization and capacity building.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, plan, implement, manage and oversee all aspects related to fundraising for the organization.
- Identify donor opportunities, develop donor database, respond to donor tenders and call for proposals, develop grant proposals, write appeals, represent the organization at donor meetings and undertake follow-up of potential funding opportunities.
- Explore and develop strategies for long-term sustainability of the organization and its interventions
- Develop business plans in consultation with other staff for possible generation of long-term incomes for the organization.
- Undertake online research and build contacts with potential individual donors and raise funds for the activities of the organization.
- Improve and develop communications material for the organization such as brochure, website, annual report, DVD, poster etc.
- Liaison with private agencies, the government and other organizations to explore potential collaborations for raising funds for the organization.
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization.
- Undertake any other task assigned by the Executive Director and promote the vision, mission, and strategic goals of PPAG
- Develop and implement strategic marketing policies that will enhance the image of the Association
- Identify and design marketing initiatives and develop operational marketing plans for the Association
- Facilitate consultations and partnership building with partners and stakeholders and build up private sector promotional network
- Coordinate fund raising and resource mobilization activities within PPAG
- Ensure that marketing research activities are carried out
- Define a unique niche and image for the Association
- Solicit for consultancy from other organizations (in the areas of KM and development of materials etc.)
- Assist in writing proposals for funding
- Ensure capacity building for departmental staff
- Advise the Executive Director on resource mobilization and other related issues
- Ensure that departmental reports are submitted on schedule
- Manage the Association’s income generating ventures at the head office
- Ensure that subordinate and departmental staff are well motivated
- Ensure that marketing/resource mobilization activities are integrated into PPAG
Required Skills or Experience
- A second degree in Business Administration (Marketing option) or its related field with a minimum of 5 years relevant post qualification experience, 3 of which must be in a managerial position
- Experience of fundraising, organising and co-ordinating events and marketing administration and research.
THE PERSON MUST:
- Have demonstrable experience in market research, analysis of information and the effective presentation of it.
- Have Exceptional organisational skills with experience of managing multiple tasks and prioritizing effectively.
- Be a good communicator with the ability to build relationships with a variety of people; excellent interpersonal and team working skills, with an ability to work independently and seize opportunities. Accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Have high level of analytical and written skills – fluent in written and spoken English with strong presentation and persuasion skills.
- Be a Computer literate and confident using all MS Office software, Adobe Creative Suite and databases as well as familiarity with major social media platforms
- Have strong Managerial and Administrative competencies
- Have leadership abilities with excellent communication skills
- Have high sense of responsibility and innovative skills
- Be accountable and transparent
- Have the ability to coach subordinates to improve their skills and achieve set targets
- Have the ability to source for information and determine new trends and opportunities
- Be goal oriented ad a good a team player
- Must be an outgoing personality
How to Apply
All interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) including two referees and cell phone numbers to:
The Search Committee Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) P.O. Box AN 5756, Accra-North.
OR Drop in at: PPAG Head Office, Latebiokorshie, Nasia Road OR E-mail: [email protected] Note:
All applications should reach the above address by People living with HIV/AIDS are eligible and encouraged to apply
Likewise female candidates are also encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Closing Date: 2nd March, 2018
PPAG believes In Child and Vulnerable Adults’ Protection Policy and Gender Equity.