Posted on :
19 Apr, 2018
19 Apr, 2018
A reputable Plantations company located in the Western Region of Ghana desires to recruit the following management personnel: Construction Superintendent
Description of the Job
Job Title: Construction Superintendent
• The job entails the maintenance of the company’s housing estate comprising of houses of junior, senior and management staff of the company, as well as the Factory, Workshop, Stores, Clinic and Administration buildings
• The maintenance covers all aspects of masonry, carpentry, plumbing and electrical works.
• It also includes the construction of new houses for employees or supervision of same if awarded to outside contractors
• The incumbent will also be required to assist the Roads Maintenance Department of the company in the construction of concrete bridges within the company’s plantations
Qualification Required & Experience
• An advanced technical education in Building and construction or a degree in Building Technology from a recognised institution with a minimum of 10 years experience, 5 years of which should have been in a supervisory or management position
• The incumbent will be required to demonstrate ability to schedule and supervise work very effectively, and must have the courage to discipline workers under him, while motivating them at same time to higher productivity achievement
• The incumbent will also be required to effectively estimate the cost of projects, prepare the annual running budget of the department and exercise effective control to ensure that costs are maintained within budgetary limits
• Preference will be given to retired, but energetic officers of the Field Engineers Regiment of the Ghana Armed Forces with the relevant qualifications and experience.
Reporting and Other Responsibilities
• The incumbent for both position will report to the Managing Director and will be expected to demonstrate honestly and reliability in the performance of their jobs
• Additionally, they will be required to demonstrate good interpersonal relationships and supervise subordinates under them.
Salaries and Conditions of Service
• The salaries for both positions are very attractive and competitive by industry standards.
• In addition, there is free accommodation and free medical care for the employee, his or her spouse and three children below the ages of 18 years.
• A vehicle for the performance of the job will be given, which can also be used for the reasonable recreation of the incumbent in the case of the workshop manager.
Location: Western Region
How to Apply
Interested applicants should please apply to: [email protected] OR The Human Resource & Administration Manager P.O.Box TD 1429 Takoradi
Closing Date: 30 April, 2018