The Customer Development Manager shall be responsible for managing the day to day business relationship with the distributors and key accounts within the territory and deliver agreed sales, profitability and distribution. The successful candidate will also maintain essential reporting and information flow on the territory The role reports to the Sales Manager.
The role has the following responsibilities;
- Cultivate and build strong business relationships with key decision makers
- Collaborate with marketing team on customer-specific consumer promotion and advertising programs and execution
- Prospecting via phone, e-mail and other medium; follow-up letters/e-mails.
- Accurate planning and reporting of all sales and customer related issues
- Develop system to monitor competitive activities & trade marketing trends
- Renewal of client contracts
- Obtain and provide territory information regarding market intelligence and penetration.
- Monitor and manage customer promotional activity and trade spending to ensure strategic alignment and maximum ROI.
- Conducts customer specific analysis across portfolio of brands to identify key issues and opportunities to the plan and makes recommendations based on findings to drive improvement
- Collaborate with sales & marketing in the development and delivery of customer presentations.
Required Skills or Experience
Role specifice qualification;
- First degree in sales, marketing or any related program
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience in sales and distribution in a FMCG company.
- Key Account/Distributor management experience.
- Strong negotiation skills and proven ability to negotiate.
- Strong analytical and administrative skills.
- Highly organized, self motivated and goal orientated.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
Person specific qualification;
- Achievement Orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong People Manager
- Strong strategic, analytical, and creative skills
- Customer Focus
- Commercial understanding
How To Apply
Please foward all cv’s to:
Offer valid till: 13 May, 2011