Posted on :
19 May, 2017
19 May, 2017
Government embarked upon an exercise to reform the Public Procurement System in 1996 as an integral part of a wider Public Financial Management Reform Programme (PUFMARP).The exercise was to improve the overall public financial management in the country.
The reform exercise identified shortcoming and organizational weaknesses inherent in the country’s procurement system. These include the absence of a comprehensive public procurement policy and the lack of a comprehensive legal regime to safeguard the integrity of the public procurement system. Others are the absence of a central body with the requisite capability, technical expertise and competence to develop a coherent public procurement policy.
A reputable organization invites applications from qualified and dynamic persons to fill the following vacancy:
Job Title: Senior Legal Officer
To provide technical direction for the effective management of all legal matters of the Authority.
The Senior Legal Officer will report to the Director, Legal
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepares and reviews legal and other operations documents as directed.
2. Provides inputs for the formulation and drafting of public procurement legislation and amendments.
3. Conducts litigation for and on behalf of the Authority as directed.
4. Coordinates the vetting of standard form documentation for legal compliance as directed.
5. Represents the Authority in Court , before any tribunal or investigative body as directed
6. Collates information on investigations carried out by the Authority into breaches of the Public Procurement Act.
7. Ensures the effective and efficient management of the administrative review process as directed.
8. Responds to issues on prosecution of breaches of the procurement laws as directed
9. Facilitates implementation of the performance management system of the Directorate.
10. Collects and collates information for the preparation of the budget, annual report and other periodic reports of the Directorate.
11. Reviews relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and provides inputs to aid decision making.
12. Appraises subordinate staff in the Directorate
Required Skills or Experience
How to Apply
Applications, together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates and the names and addresses of two referees should reach the following address by Friday, 26th May 2017
The Chief Executive P. M. B. 30 Ministries – Accra
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.