Construction is the process of constructing a building or infrastructure.Construction differs from manufacturing in that manufacturing typically involves mass production of similar items without a designated purchaser, while construction typically takes place on location for a known client.Construction as an industry comprises six to nine percent of the gross domestic product of developed countries. Construction starts with planning, design, and financing; and continues until the project is built and ready for use.
Job Title: Corporate Accountant
We are currently seeking an experienced Accountant to join the Group Finance team. The Construction Accountant is directly responsible to the Sr. Contract Accountant for the proper discharge of his/her duties. The Construction Accountant’s primary function is to be responsible for all matters relating to the accounting and financial analysis functions of the Multiplex Regions including, but not limited to, thorough job cost review, margin analysis and variance analysis of forecasted and budgeted activities. The Construction Accountant is also responsible for key month-end duties such as balance sheet reconciliations and other month-end financial reporting and analysis. Multiplex has been delivering landmark property and infrastructure assets for more than 50 years. We are a leading international contractor with a focus on sustainable growth. We are at our best creating large-scale and complex landmark buildings, commercial structures and infrastructure projects. Forward-thinking and focused, we build sustainable futures and enrich communities. When you join Multiplex you join an experienced team of people intent on finding a better way of doing things. We turn problems into opportunities and tackle projects that others say can’t be done. Our innovative spirit has driven us for more than 50 years and made us a business that our people are proud of. Multiplex has a record workbook and ambitious plans for growth, and is ever seeking a diverse range of people from around the world to join our elite team. Interested applicants should forward their recent CV and Cover letter urgently through Multiplex Corporate HR and recruitment email provided.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accept responsibility and accountability for all accounting procedures and internal control processes for the RRV Region.
- Assist and support both the Regional Management team and the Corporate Accounting team with the implementation of practices and procedures, and completing reports and analysis as required.
- Partner effectively with both the Regional Management team and the Corporate Accounting team to coordinate and communicate on a regular basis and to advice of any anticipated problems in advance so corrective action can be taken on a proactive basis.
- Ensure that all company accounting and financial policies and procedures are effectively communicated, trained on and adhered to throughout the Multiplex Regions.
- Prepare and process key month-end project profitability reports and lead the Regional Management team in all month-end close processes.
- Reconcile key balance sheet accounts including the daily and monthly reconciliation of all cash accounts and the monthly oversight of all inventory activity.
- Assist with the tracking and reconciliation of all Regional assets including coordinating with VP-Equipment, Fleet Services Coordinator and others as necessary.
- Compile and prepare journal entries to the general ledger accounts.
- Coordinate monthly forecast updates with the Regional Management and Corporate Accounting teams.
- May provide occasional coverage for the front desk receptionist.
- Perform other projects as assigned.
Basic Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or related field with a minimum of three years of professional-level accounting experience. In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, an Associate Degree in Accounting plus 5 years of accounting experience may be considered.
- Accounting experience with a small to mid-sized construction company, including percentage of completion accounting, is strongly preferred.
- Must possess extensive computer knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel (advanced level) and Word.
- Experience with various accounting cycles of a construction accounting program including accounts receivable, accounts payable and inventory modules is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills with emphasis on detail and accuracy.
- Proven people management, organizational and planning capabilities.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to deal with confidential information and situations.
- Proven ability to deal with the stress of meeting deadlines and company goals while at the same time exhibiting behaviors that support and foster a positive working environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org