Posted on :
26 Jul, 2016
26 Jul, 2016
Asante Akyem Rural Bank Ltd is seeking applications from suitable and qualified applicants for the post of Deputy Manager in charge of Finance & Compliance.
Job Title: Deputy Manager / Finance
• Responsible for overall accounting and financial management functions
• Provide strategic direction to the Board Management and other stakeholders on financial resources
• Ensure compliance with all Accounting and Financial Management, Procurement and other Administrative Systems, Procedures, Policies, Rules and Regulations
• Ensure the timely and accurate preparation and submission of Budget as well as all Financial Statements and Reports in accordance with prevailing policies, rules and procedures of the organization to the Board, Management and Statutory Bodies
• Supervise and train a team of accounts/finance staff
• Manage the annual budgets and advise management on variance
• Establish and maintain the integrity of financial systems and procedures of all departments
• Ensure that the Accounting systems and procedures provide an appropriate financial framework to guide Management decision making
• Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and applicable Rules and Regulations
• Liaise with bankers, auditors etc. to ensure continuous flow of financial information
• Any other relevant duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A university degree in Accounting/finance or equivalent qualification.
• Qualified member of a professional body preferably ICA (Gh.), ACCA, CIMA or CPA.
• An MBA will be an added advantage.
• At least 8 years work experience in a managerial position.
• Must be well versed in the Rules and Regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Ghana (SEC), the Banking Law, the Public Procurement Act, Companies Code and Tax Laws.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
• Thorough Knowledge of computer based accounting system.
• High level of integrity and professionalism.
• Analytical thinking. pro active individual with strong initiative and negotiation skills.
• Attention to detail and adept at figures.
• A good team player with the ability to meet strict deadlines and work long hours.
• Good inter-personal, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Location: Ashanti Region
How to Apply For the Job
Interested applicants should submit their application letter and CV to:
The General Manager
Asante Akyem Rural Bank, Ltd.
P. O. Box 25
Closing Date: 29 July, 2016