Posted on :
13 Jun, 2014
13 Jun, 2014
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the following position:- Reporter For Graphic Showbiz
• Collect, write and prepare a variety of stories for inclusion in the newspapers both in general areas and areas of specilisation.
• Select stories to follow either with a general flavour or from an area of specialisation when not assigned stories to follow by the Editor
• Collect information necessary to compile stories, for example by going out into the field and conducting interviews or doing desk based / web based research.
• Compile stories ready for submitting – Edit prior to submitting and proofreading when required
• Work in groups on special stories / investigations when required, with one writer taking a lead as necessary
Skills / Competencies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have a keen interest in arts and entertainment
• Good report writing skills
• Analytical with an eye for detail
• Ability to work to strict deadlines and for long periods
• Flexible attitude to working arrangements
• Strong computer literacy skills, include page planning
• Research methodology skills desired but not essential
Qualification Required & Experience
• 1st Degree in Communication / Journalism Studies or related field with 2 years working experience most of which should have been in online Journalism
• Diploma in Journalism from a reputable institution with 4 years working experience most of which should have been in the arts and entertainment.
• Member of Ghana Journalists Association
How To Apply For The Job
If you wish to apply, please send a detailed CV together with a covering letter and contact telephone number to:
The Director, HR & Administration
Graphic Communications Group Ltd.
P.O.Box GP 742
Alternatively, you may email your application to the Human Resource Operations Manager at:-
Closing Date: 20 June, 2014