Standard Chartered – leading the way in Ghana.
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is a market – leading financial services brand in Ghana, listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.
It has operated for 118 years in the country and is currently the highest priced stock on the exchange.The Bank’s focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers have driven its consistent growth in recent years.
With a current network of 27 branches and 56 ATMs across Ghana, Standard Chartered offers exciting product propositions for customers and clients as well as career opportunities for more than 1,000 staff in Ghana.
Job Title: Business Development Executives
- Inbound and outbound NTB sales & activation (CIC/CC: onsite)
- Engage NTB clients (any segment) who are employees of corporations with whom RB has done a B2B deal (primarily CC/CIC)
- Engage via on-site marketing/roadshows, or via employee lists provided by corporation
- Initial primary focus on payroll account and anchor products in respective job role, gradually broadening to full range of retail products
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Activities (role in Client Journey)Prepare & Set up (remote)
- Receive leads from leads management system – NTB from Alliances, Online/ Personal Client Centre; ETB from internal triggers for renewals, top-ups and extensions
- Conduct research and preparation on client lead, and pre-send product bundles description and bank proposition
- Collect all documents (digital) required for account opening and pre-fill forms
Basic products like CASA, CC, etc, Meet, deep sell & train (in person)
- Meet in person (ensure Priority Banking Team joins if high value client)
- Listen and determine further needs
- Acquire clients with anchor products
- Set up KYC needs with KYC centre
- Educate and conduct initial set up for online, ATMs, Client Centre, and Store
Activate and pass on (remote)
- Activate as per plan
- Prepare and pass on Client into interacting with the bank via Online, Client Centre, Store and possibly Priority Banking Team if high value client
Qualifications and SkillsProduct broadening
- Enhanced multi-product Personal knowledge
- Market and competition knowledge
- Presentation and soft skills tailored to engaging business owners
- Closing deals
- Communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation and objection handling
- Client training on digital solutions
Journey completionUnderstanding of Personal KYC principles