Posted on :
2 Jun, 2016
2 Jun, 2016
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is a market – leading financial services brand in Ghana, listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.
It has operated for 118 years in the country and is currently the highest priced stock on the exchange.
The Bank’s focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers have driven its consistent growth in recent years.
With a current network of 27 branches and 56 ATMs across Ghana, Standard Chartered offers exciting product propositions for customers and clients as well as career opportunities for more than 1,000 staff in Ghana.
Job Title: Head, Deposits and Cards
* Responsible for executing the country agenda on Retail Deposits, Cards and supporting Cash Management initiatives (for Business Clients) to deliver sustainable growth in deposits in Ghana.
* Responsible for growing market share and increasing client level profitability by supporting new acquisition and relationship teams and portfolio management of all Retail Deposit products based on client needs
* Achieve the Revenue, Balance Sheet, Product Margins as per budget
* Ensure consistent Service and Product delivery on client propositions as per budgeted benchmarks by identifying challenges related to
(a) products and processes design, for resolution by Retail Product team in the centre and
(b) process execution within Sales, Operations and Service teams, for resolution in country with the relevant stakeholders.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Implement and commericalise global standard Product program for Retail Deposit products [Local and foreign currency Currents Accounts & Savings Accounts (CASA) and Term Deposits] in Ghana.
* Collaborate effectively with the Segment teams, Client Acquisition and Relationship teams and Corporate & Institutional Clients / Transactional Banking to leverage the eco-system and help deliver budgeted Balance Sheet and Non Funded Income (NFI) targets
* Execute global standard Product & Portfolio Optimization strategies
* Implement the integrated product segment strategy to launch/re-launch the program value proposition and specific enablers and track program performance along with the segment team
* Optimize fees and charges to create value for clients in line with Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principles
* Manage the debit Card portfolio in Ghana. Establish base line Management Information on revenue by line and spend category and work towards increase client spend per card
* Support Retail Client academy for the development of appropriate training content for the acquisition, relationship and service teams
* Responsible for Portfolio health on relevant products – delivery through regular engagement with operations, retail analytics and Strategic Business Information Management (SBIM) in country and region to track portfolio performance (through lead indicators) and taking necessary actions to ensure balance build and activation in line with budgeted objectives
* Responsibile for ensuring that governance and controls around Retail Deposit products are in line with Credit Approval Document (CAD) and global Product Program Guidelines (PPG). In particular ensuring that there is a documented and standardised process around account opening and roll over of term deposits
Product Launches & Product Maintenance
* Execute the global Product standardization and Product rationalization agenda across Retail Deposits
* Work with segment and frontline teams to identify client needs and launch existing global product solutions to meet these needs. In the absence of existing global solutions work with the regional team to have the relevant proposition developed as a global solution for implementation
Product & Service Delivery
* Have oversight and ownership on end-to-end (standard) process to ensure execution of on-boarding for clients and fulfillment of products through engagement with relevant stakeholders involved in executing the standard process to ensure we deliver a seamless client Customer Value Proposition
* Complaints & Client Experience: Collaborate closely with the Client Experience Process Governance teams to Identify gaps and design failures in existing process and products and work with global and regional product teams to solve for endemic design issues to improve overall product and Service delivery
* Manage compliance of PPGs & CAs
* Ensure compliance to Group & Country Anti Money Laundering and Client Due Diligence policies
* Country Client Acquisition and Client Relationship teams
* Regional Product and Segment Heads for Africa region
* Country Teams (Products, Segments, CEPG, Operations, Legal & Compliance, Finance, Retail Analytics)
* Financials – Balance Sheet, NFI and Product Margins,
* Productivity – Product Per Client, No. of Active Clients, No. of New Clients, Cross-sell per Client, Tail management
* Effectiveness of controls – evidenced by satisfactory Audit results and Control Sampling Testing
* Client feedback – Net Promoter Score, Voice of Customer surveys etc
* People – Engagement metrics (My Voice) and attrition
Qualifications and Skills