Posted on :
31 Jan, 2017
31 Jan, 2017
SMT Ghana is the exclusive distributor of Volvo Construction Equipment, Volvo Trucks and Volvo Penta in Ghana and in seventeen countries in Central and West Africa.
Job Title: Customer Support Representatives
Location: Kumasi, Tamale
Travel Required: 15% domestic
Level/Salary Range: Based on experience and qualification
Position Type: Full time, Permanent
Customer Support Representatives are a key figure in helping keep our customers equipment healthy and productive by selling Volvo parts, preventative maintenance and repairs. They develop and offer solutions that allow Volvo equipment owners to achieve the lowest operating costs possible and minimize machine downtime. This position is responsible for promoting all products and services offered by SMT, Ghana.
Key Performance Areas
• Assist customers in achieving lower operating costs by recommending appropriate service product options.
• Build relationships with key decision makers and promote all available products offered by SMT, GHANA.
• Primary liaison between customer and SMT, in all areas related to product support.
• Coordinate and communicate with the customer, service department, and parts department to ensure exceptional level of service.
• Generate and develop new business to meet business goals.
• Provide customer training on unit operation and maintenance needs.
• Promote, develop and sell maintenance contracts.
• Provide parts and service quotes to customers.
• Coordinates service repairs and parts deliveries.
• Create and maintain profiles on all major parts and service competitors.
• Report lost parts and service sales.
• Meet targets for sales, profits, units and close deals.
• Keep updated machine population in assigned territory.
• Maintain customer account using customer relationship management (CRM).
• Answer customer calls during and after normal business hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed.
• Follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering.
• 2-5 years’ experience with a heavy duty dealership in a parts or service function.
• Proficient in the use of a computer and related Microsoft software.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills and be detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
• Perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
• Work with minimal supervision.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work after hours when needed to meet customer needs.
• Work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
• Attend training meetings, which may require overnight stays.
• Basic math skills.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
• Previous selling experience.
• Prior territory management experience.
• Working knowledge of Volvo products.
• Previous experience in the construction industry.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings of trucks
• Knowledge of the functioning of engines
• Able to trouble shoot
• Must have a valid driving license and the ability to drive
How to Apply For the Job
Interested and qualified persons are to send their detailed CV’s and Cover letters to:
Closing Date: 26 February, 2017