Posted on :
28 Oct, 2013
28 Oct, 2013
Solidaridad West Africa is a not-for-profit organization that supports the sustainable development of farmers and production systems in West Africa, through the enhancement of value chains of fresh and processed agricultural commodities and other non-agricultural commodities. Our activities in West Africa are focused on fresh fruits, oil palm, gold, cotton, maize, soy and cocoa.
As the Regional Expertise Center (REC) within Solidaridad’s international network, we are part of a growing global movement advocating and supporting sustainable and responsible production and trade. Solidaridad trains producers in best practices to produce more with less. We provide capacity building to producer organizations and enable them to access knowledge, inputs, finance and markets. We develop and promote the integration of good economic, social and environmental management into standard business and production practices.
Solidaridad regional office is based in Accra, Ghana and currently has program activities and operations in Senegal, Mali, Cote D’Ivoire, Nigeria, Ghana and Cameroon
• Position: Accounts Officer
• Location: Accra Office, Ghana
• Reports to: Finance Manager
Main activities and responsibilities
• Prepare transfer slips and/or other bank documents
• Arrange and facilitate monthly payments – local and foreign currency
• related transactions
• Prepare project imprest reconciliations
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
• Update the cash book on daily basis
• Make entries in the tally software
• Prepare monthly staff remuneration sheet
• Responsible for tax payments, social security payments, etc.
• Process travel advances request and expense reports
• Process invoices for payment
• Prepare specific project report as assigned
• Assists in carrying out annual audit
• Other official tasks as may be assigned by supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
• HND in accounting, or comparable qualification
• Minimum of two years working experience in a similar position
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English
• Knowledge of microsoft excel
• Good finance knowledge and analytical skills
• Knowledge in the use of Tally accounting software
How To Apply For The Job
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please submit your CV to:
Closing Date: 30 october, 2013
• Women especially are encouraged to apply.
• ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.