Posted on :
11 Nov, 2013
11 Nov, 2013
We are looking to recruit a dynamic, result-oriented individual to occupy the position of the Branch Manager
Accountable for the branch business by ensuring that all customers receive a consistently high quality service by effectively managing and developing all available resources (staff, systems, processes) and ensuring that a strong customer-focused service culture becomes entrenched in the branch. Responsible for growing the branch profitability through proactive identification of sales opportunities and selling. Identify and assess the risks faced by the branch and maintain an effective system of controls to reduce.
• Ensure that customer service standards are set and maintained in line with the requirement of each market segment
• Ensure that customer needs are anticipated and met through provision of appropriate products and services via the most suitable channel.
• Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice.
• Identify major risks affecting the support function and ensure the necessary steps are taken to measure, monitor and control these risks
• Ensure maintenance of an effective control structure, with control activities defined at each level and duties appropriately segregated
• Monitor internal controls to ensure their adequacy and effectiveness. Recommend revision of controls where appropriate, to address new or previously uncontrolled risks.
• Develop micro market sales plans to achieve responsive sales budgets / targets for branch
• Gain a sound understanding of the different local market segments in the branch’s area of operation
• Manage the sales tracking system and provide coaching and feedback to the team
• Visible assist the branch in achieving targets and standards of performance by revenue and expenditure with emphasis on the containment of controllable costs.
• Optimize and streamline existing systems, processes and controls for cost-effective service delivery
• Ensure the effective roll-out of Change initiatives through tracking and reporting on projects and conducting readiness assessments.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Good First Degree in a business related field. A Masters Degree is preferable. Institute of Bankers or related professional qualification would be an advantage
• A seasoned banker with 5 years branch banking experience
• Experience in managing a diverse range of people and activities is essential
• Comprehensive knowledge of banking laid-down policies and procedures relating to all areas under control
• Knowledge of retail banking value proposition
• Knowledge of business economics and financial management principles and practice
• Knowledge of risk management and credit principles, including group dynamics
• Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing when interpreting and explaining information relating to business plans, strategy, product benefits, service provision etc.
• Good presentation and negotiation skills
• People management skills, including team building, motivation, team goal planning and the ability to use team expertise to full advantage
• Socially confident, quick to establish rapport, able to maintain, team goal planning and the ability to use team expertise to full advantage
• Ability to reinforce standards and objectives
• Results-orientated, strongly motivated to achieve, adheres to deadlines
• Customer service – oriented
• Team player – approachable, receptive to ideas / feedback from others
• Assertive – able to handle conflict, stand by principles and put forward ideas despite opposition
• Self-motivated and energetic
• Integrity and honesty
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons may e-mail their application letter with current Curriculum Vitae (CV) to:-
Closing Date: 11 November, 2013