To define and execute strategic client plans that will ensure the development of strong business relationships and the delivery of profitable and integrated Stanbic Bank products and services (transactional and liability products, and global markets, with the purpose of ensuring client profitability, increased revenue, risk optimization and consistent service.
Define the desired financial performance for the Sector and ensure that the resources involved have the necessary leadership, guidance and support to achieve the set financial targets
Leverage industry relationships to achieve high levels of client service, business targets and revenue opportunities across PBB.
Job Title: Manager, Public Sector
Client strategic plan development and execution
- Leads the development and execution of strategic client plans (together with the relationship management team) and manages and drives the implementation of client plans
- Continuously researches and analyses the clients’ business context, operations and financial performance.
- Discusses current and future business opportunities with clients, and therefore positions Stanbic Bank as a strategic advisor.
- Manage top-end clients in the Public-Sector portfolio
- Set and drive the achievement of sector(s) specific financial targets, such as, revenue, ROEs, etc. and achieve the budgeted profitability
- Drives the on-strategy acquisition of clients and ensures a smooth and comprehensive handover into the applicable relationship management team
Development of a strategic growth and execution plan.
- Develop a strategic plan to clearly articulate the opportunity, which sub-sectors to focus on as well as the measures of success of the plan.
- Articulate and drive the execution plan to deliver the strategic plan.
- With the support of the marketing team implements sales and marketing best practices in support of the customer value proposition and customer expectations.
- Develops strategies and tactics to grow market share by identifying opportunities to acquire customers in high potential sectors in collaboration with internal business partners.
- Designs sector propositions specific to the sub-sector customer needs.
- Develop and implement plan to ensure portfolio profitability.
Client coordination and relationship management
- Develops critical relationships with key decision makers in the sector and regularly defines and communicates commercial opportunities for new and existing clients of the bank.
- Oversees the execution of client activities in line with developed strategic client plans.
- Develops and aligns detailed client marketing plans (with inputs from the Global Markets, Transaction Product Services, Segments and Channels)
- Coordinates relevant programmes for each client (including entertainment and economic/sector road shows) and participates in key decision-making activities by the client to ensure that the bank is included in any request relating to advisory and financial services.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of the client’s strategy, business, financial performance, industry outlook/trends, specific sector knowledge and general macroeconomic issues and trends in the country and other relevant geographies and ensure that this is transferred to the relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain detailed and current understanding of the industry (at a macro-global level, specific regional or local issues and key clients) to ensure that new opportunities for the Bank are capitalised and threats are quickly identified.
- Continuously, and through different channels, share industry knowledge expertise with the Relationship managers and internal stakeholders.
- Develop the relationships team knowledge and understanding of the relevant sector to ensure the depth of the client engagement is improved
- Facilitates the administration and analysis of the Client Service Surveys, as well as the implementation of focused action plans needed to address the gaps identified.
- Lead the development of innovative solutions tailored to the specific sector(s) needs which will allow the Bank to meet the sector(s) business requirements.
- Maintain a proficient and relevant knowledge of products, pricing, services and capabilities across the team to ensure relevant and informed client conversations.
- Drives and owns annual budgets together with segment and product houses and monitors actual performance against budget, drive product cross-sell and client profitability.
- Manages overall client cost and revenue including the monthly tracking of revenue contributions per client as well as the understanding of key drivers and variances to proactively respond to threats of reducing opportunity
- Identify sales opportunities within the segment for other areas of the Bank (e.g., Personal Markets).
- Identify opportunities to migrate top-end relationships.
- Analysis, identifies and develops the sector Eco-system game plan and associated Sector Universal Bank Game plan. Owns and drives the execution of the sector game plan.
Sector and sub-sector management
- Conduct sector and sub-sector ROE (vs. prior year and budget) analysis
- Cross Sell Ratio for portfolios, pro-active portfolio management resulting in zero losses in the
- Portfolio reports including excess management, portfolio actual revenue and net profit growth
- Analysis and pro-active management of the portfolio pipeline and activities using the appropriate tools.
- Ensure effective regular contact with existing and potential customers with an aim to developing a pipeline of customers within Public Sector.
Comply with routine activities
- Conduct set routine activities such as, produce monthly reporting, Manco pack development and completion, reviewing of pricing, interests rate
- Complete management reports on the above that will aid in the management and communication of progress for strategic initiatives undertaken
- Review the pricing concessions on an annual basis and make recommendations for changes and adjustments.
- Participate in the credit decisions on behalf of all portfolios in the Sector. Support the relationship managers in preparation and presentation of credit motivations with specific sector knowledge and input.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in Business Commerce
- Post graduate qualifications such as MBA or related post graduate diplomas
- 5-7 years experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the client service environment and or experience within the product environment
- Financial Acumen: Understands the meaning and implications of key financial indicators and uses financial analysis to evaluate strategic options and opportunities
- Business Acumen: Ability to use own understanding of the clients’ business, their environment and objectives, and demonstrate the ability to forge relationships with assigned clients by delivering solutions suited to their strategy
- Conceptual Thinking: Helps others understand complex data or situations