Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is a market – leading financial services brand in Ghana, listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.
It has operated for 118 years in the country and is currently the highest priced stock on the exchange.
The Bank’s focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers have driven its consistent growth in recent years.
With a current network of 27 branches and 56 ATMs across Ghana, Standard Chartered offers exciting product propositions for customers and clients as well as career opportunities for more than 1,000 staff in Ghana.
It is committed to building a sustainable business over the long term in Ghana and is trusted worldwide for upholding high standards of corporate governance, social responsibility, environmental protection and employee diversity.
Job Title: Premier Service Manager
To deliver simply first class customer service and advice to our CIB/CB clients in all interactions for transactional enquiries, complaints, and other service-related issues.
- Responsible for serving as primary contact person for clients and SCB staff for advice, enquiries, complaints, etc.
- Deliver simply first class service against agreed service standards.
- As a Service Partner, work together with RMs, Product Sales, Operations and other key internal stakeholders to solve client issues, identify opportunities and deliver the bank.
- Build relationships and rapport with Premier/core clients at the transactional / operational level.
Key Roles and ResponsibilitiesClient Service
- Primary point of contact for external clients for professional advice, enquiries, complaints, resolving of discrepancies and transactional errors
- Provide the highest standard of customer service in response to client enquiries and complaints, so as to create improved, lasting relationships with our clients
- Responsible for client satisfaction with service arrangements and delivery
- Work with internal stakeholders for service requirements, enquiries, and instructions
- Responsible for effective service recovery process through complaint logging and handling
- Maintain a professional SCB image through all interactions with clients
- Continually identify opportunities to improve client efficiency / performance, through e.g. optimising channel usage, identifying service improvements, product solutions, and cross-sell opportunities
Risk & Control
- Comply with the process for customer identification
- Comply with applicable Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and, in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Line Manager and country head, FCR.
- Adhere to policies including escalation and compliance requirements, and follow any other relevant internal controls and procedures as they relate to process, products, policies and regulations.
- Assist in implementation of service and efficiency improvement initiatives in client service centre and facilitate transfer of best practice
Premier and Core Clients
- Participate in the annual account planning with the RM and agree account service plan for the client.
- Deliver the service plan, including:
- Participating in annual Service Reviews with premier clients. Reviewing service performance with the clients and generate ways to continuously improve service level standards
- On a selective basis, accompanying RMs on sales calls to sell our service capabilities and/or to resolve clients’ operational and service issues
- Leveraging on the VoC process and the relationship to understand client’s needs, and identify opportunities for improvements in service, product solutions, utilisation and optimising channel usage, up-selling and cross-selling etc.
- Making proactive calls on clients to improve the utilisation level of facilities, increase transaction volume, identify opportunities for channels and referrals for the business
- Build trusted partnerships with clients at the daily transactional / operational level
Participate in annual Service Reviews for identified ‘premier’ clients.
- Reviewing service performance with the clients and generate ways to continuously improve service standards.
- On a selective basis, attend sales calls with RMs to sell our service capabilities and/or to resolve clients’ operational and service issues.
- Provide pro-active client updates.
- Leverage on metrics and client insights to understand client’s needs, and identify opportunities for improvements in service, product solutions, utilisation and optimising channel usage, up-selling and cross-selling etc.
- Make proactive calls on clients to improve the utilisation level of facilities, increase transaction volume, and identify opportunities for channels and referrals for the business.
- Build trusted partnerships with clients at the daily transactional / operational level.
Qualifications And Skills
- Organised and detail orientated
- Computer literate with the ability to learn customer service software applications
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Good questioning skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to recognize basic styles of customer behaviour and how to adapt each style to create positive ‘chemistry’
- Able to identify and manage both transactional and operational risks
- Ability to work under pressure
- Intermediate level product/processes knowledge
- Sound WB banking operations experience including channels an advantage