Posted on :
16 Oct, 2014
16 Oct, 2014
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited (the Bank) offers a range of banking products and services through its two businesses, Consumer Banking and Wholesale Banking. Its Consumer Banking includes Personal and Preferred Banking; Small and Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) Banking; Priority and International Banking, and Private Banking. Its Wholesale Banking includes Financial Institutions; Global Corporates; Local Corporates, and Commodity Traders and Agribusiness.
RECRUITMENT and PERFORMANCE
1. Oversee recruitment on behalf of the Business Managers and participate in the selection process to ensure that the business manager’s selection decision is fully informed; arrange for business level induction of new staff.
2. Advise on and co-ordinate the transfer of people within the business and between businesses (including inter-country transfer whether as “Home” or “Host” location).
3. Facilitate locally the business wide processes for assessment of performance and potential, Personal Development Planning, etc
4. Maintain up-to-date organisation charts, and reflect business headcount data, turnover and absenteeism statistics, reconciled to relevant country-level databases, to the business managers.
5. Identify and analyse employee relations problems or grievances, recommend solutions and participate appropriately in the resolution of such issues.
6. Review requested actions on HR matters for legal, procedural and documentary compliance and fair employee treatment (for example, involuntary termination), and progress the necessary action and/or make recommendations accordingly.
7. Monitor and advice on HR key risk indicators.
8. Recommend and progress salary increases and promotions within agreed process.
9. Embark on at least two employee volunteering programmes in a year.
10. Promote and enforce consistency in Policy implementation across CB
11. Internal CB interactivity for driving key agendas.
6. KEY RELATIONSHIPS
(INTERNAL & EXTERNAL)
Regional Branch Managers in articulating implication of HR management policies on the business and implementing HR policies.
VCGMs & Departmental Heads (Consumer Banking) in implementing HR policies
HR Managers in consultation and guidance on complex HR issues.
Legal Department in seeking legal advice on staff relations problems.
HR Relationship Managers in other divisions for networking purposes.
Head, Learning and Talent Development.
Training institutions and consultants for networking
Peers in the Industry and other financial institutions
KNOW HOW & EXPERIENCE
• A degree holder / Professional HR practitioner
• Hands on experience in and a thorough knowledge of Human Resource procedures
Knowledge of computer software
Training methodology and practice
Good knowledge of the bank’s direction and strategies
Very good interpersonal skills
Qualities of a change agent
People Management skills
Ability to communicate well – written and spoken
Commercially aware, high sensitivity to the social, economic and political environment.
Effective implementation of HR strategies and policies in Consumer Banking.
Smooth application of appropriate methods of resourcing, deploying, developing and rewarding Consumer Banking staff.
Improved staff morale and business performance
Maintenance of employee discipline.
Maintenance of Performance Culture.
Improved customer service.
Better understanding of business needs by HR
Decision making on all HR issues in the business concerned.
Formulating HR policies and acting as a consultant to the business on HR complex areas, e.g , development, policies and people management etc
Synthesising HR and business requirements
FREEDOM OF DECISION MAKING
Setting work priorities
Deciding how best to handle HR issues, e.g. deployment of staff, recommendation for rewards
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here