Posted on :
11 Sep, 2014
11 Sep, 2014
4. JOB PURPOSE
• To manage, develop and grow an assigned portfolio of Transaction Banking clients
• To implement the sales plans to ensure that revenue targets are achieved
• To plan, co-ordinate and monitor growth of sales on all transaction banking products
5. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• To understand customers’ businesses and to anticipate their requirements through consultative selling using the SPIN model. To match customers’ needs with product capabilities through presentation of tailored proposals. To negotiate terms and conditions with customers to maximise revenue and profitability.
• Through close working integration with the Solution Delivery team, ensure that the solution is implemented in the agreed time-frames and to the highest levels of client satisfaction.
• To proactively manage new and existing names within the assigned transactional banking portfolio. Ensure the Bank’s share of wallet within the portfolio is grown in line with the Bank’s account plan for the customer. To maintain a revenue pipeline featuring Incremental revenue and run off in addition to the Business as usual revenue from the portfolio as part of effectively managing this process.
• To provide feedback and assistance to all areas within transaction banking such that the voice of customer is incorporated into ongoing plans and initiatives. To keep the transaction banking team informed of customer needs, trends and market intelligence to ensure keep abreast of market development and factors which impact on competitiveness of the products
• To provide assistance to relationship managers in maintaining ongoing close contact with clients. On a product partnership basis, ensure targeted realisation rates are met to generate new revenue opportunities, and to gain feedback on the product. To conduct joint calling with Relationship Managers to provide technical product expertise.
• To identify opportunities for cross-selling and referral to other SCB lines through developing and maintaining a close understanding of customers’ businesses.
• To participate in various client functions, conduct client surveys and conduct Focus groups to ensure product and market intelligence feedback is solicited, and used in a way which enhances SCB’s competitive position.
• Assist the Head of Transaction Banking in the development and implementation of dynamic sales plans in line with overall product strategy plans
• To assist in scoping the market for cross border deals and work as the lead in co-ordinating them on materialisation.
6. KEY RELATIONSHIPS
(INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL)
Head of Global Corporates
Cash Management and Trade Operations & Tech & Ops team
All other divisions
Global and Regional Transactional Banking Team
General strategy & business direction
To facilitate the provision of excellent service
Joint calling on mutual targets and account planning to harmonise strategy on common names to ensure profitability and share of wallet is maximised
To ensure that all areas where our products impact are satisfied with the manner in which the product has been set up and is running as far as it impacts on their areas of responsibility.
For sales and revenue performance and development and roll out of new products and the support of existing products in addition to revenue reporting
For the understanding of customers’ needs and trends affecting customers and prospects’ businesses in order to present tailored solutions. To develop proposals and negotiate the terms of deals.
7. CONTRIBUTES TO
Contributes towards overall growth of Transaction Banking revenues
Timely launches and rollouts for new/upgraded products
To negotiate pricing and terms for Transaction Banking products and services
Accountability for delivering agreed revenue budget
9. FREEDOM & DECISION MAKING
Identification of new products and modification of existing products to exploit market opportunities and threats in a timely manner to enhance profitable business, subject to demonstrating the business case and with appropriate financials, recommendations regarding new products/modifications to existing products are normally accepted.
Recommendations on decisions on product positioning and pricing policy to ensure profitable business are secured.
Recommendation on tactics/business strategy to meet liability targets for products/market assigned in portfolio
Staff supervised – none
Grow Transaction Banking revenues each year in line with country budget and assigned portfolio
11. KNOW-HOW & EXPERIENCE
University Degree with at least 2-3 years sales/sales management experience
Expert knowledge of cash management and Trade products available globally, their features, applications and potential improvements and to combine these with the ability to translate these into the local market
In-depth knowledge of the local market, customers and competitors
Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization both internally & externally
Ability to keep abreast on changes in the market, customer requirements, competitors responses and the banks ability to use information to identify new business opportunities
Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and organisational skills
Comprehensive knowledge of banking operations/SWIFT etc.
Leadership, management, organizational, and people management skills
Strong analytical skills
A high degree of judgement ability to manage a sales team and handle complex business issues & relationships within defined policies and procedures
Ability to structure and deliver solutions which meet customer needs.
The role calls for an ability to make judgements on most appropriate business development strategy and approach for different clients
Worthwhile business or prospects with a view to minimizing risk for the bank.
Maximizing profit margins
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
– You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
– Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
– We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 – 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here