Posted on :
25 Aug, 2014
25 Aug, 2014
Main Purpose of the job:
Ÿ To provide specialised custody services for both local and off-shore Institutional clients. This encompasses the services relating to all settlement, safekeeping and administration of securities instruments carried out directly by the operation, both local and global securities.
Ÿ To lead, manage and develop a team responsible for the delivery of first class securities and custody services.
Ÿ To represent Standard Chartered at industry meetings and seminars and act as the main source of securities administration expertise within the Bank.
Ÿ To lead and manage client relationship management – main point of contact for offshore and local clients.
Ÿ Responsible for the overall operations/management of Securities Services
business functions and clients servicing within the agreed Service Level
To develop, execute and manage the regional strategy for the Investors and Intermediaries Segment in Transaction Banking. To manage the teams executing this strategy.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Deliver superior financial performance
– Ensure local financial objectives are met, including revenue, cost and RWA targets.
– Manage the Sales team.
– Create a sustainable pipeline and convert it to actual business
-Primary responsibility to manage local institutional relationships
-Act as primary local point of contact for international institutional relationships.
-Undertake client visits as required by the business.
-Responsible for retaining and increasing local client base.
-Responsible for negotiation of legal agreements.
-Responsible for negotiation of tariffs.
-Represent Standard Chartered at industry, committees’ functions/conferences. e.g. Local Stock Exchange Committee.
-Co-ordinate with Barclays Emerging Markets in development and implementation of new securities products / services.
Preparation and formulation of Budget
Continuously improve the way we work
– Plan, input, maintain and communicate the regional strategic view for the Banks segment in Transaction Banking for the wholesale banking division.
– Responsible for launching new initiatives, products, proposing enhancements, new product concepts and preparing business requirements, either independently or jointly with Group.
– Quantify and provide information to country, regional and group management, by analyzing the impact and economic consequences of market trends, changing customer requirements and competitor offerings, for the dual purpose of performance management and strategy development. Implement actions as required.
– Provide leadership and support to the Banks sales teams for new products and/or channels, including major enhancements.
– Responsible for implementation of the effective use of the Client Relationship Management systems.
– Build discipline around product utilization and monitoring to take informed business decisions and forecast.
Massively Multiplying Leadership
– Attract and retain the best talent.
– Implement succession strategy and develop future leaders.
– Coach team members and monitor the teams career development.
– Position SCB as employer of choice.
– Meet retention and vacancy goals.
– Ensure completed training for all staff.
Strengthen partner relationships
– Coordinate and assume responsibility for compiling and communicating to all stakeholders, on a regular basis, information relevant to the business, including key financial performance.
– Networking with other sales teams, regions, Group, TB stakeholders, WB partners and country CEO’s.
– Represent Transaction Banking.
– Promote and perform community activities.
Reinforce the brand
– Senior sponsorship of large regional and local client relationships.
– Understand the regional and local markets in terms of size, share, structure, potential, customer segmentation, buyer behaviors and competitor analysis. Lead and support market research, as required.
– Organize and carry out competitor benchmarking efforts to help shape the bank’s sales,
marketing, product, pricing and service strategies.
– Provide senior support for customer surveys, submissions for awards, tombstones, etc.
– Support client engagement programs to improve external satisfaction levels, as measured by Greenwich Associates Treasury Survey, East & Partners Transaction Banking Survey and internally developed Voice of Customer survey criteria.
– Represent SCB at thought leadership forums and industry events, and influence their agenda.
– Promote the SCB brand.
– Exemplify the values of the Group in all undertakings.
Qualifications & Skills
– Revenue growth and client retention, within the region (onshore) as well as across the network (offshore).
– Other financial metrics, including cost, pipeline growth and RWA management.
– Cross selling efforts, such as Channels, Financial Markets referrals,
– Non-financial metrics, including retention of staff and low vacancy rates, completion of training, succession planning, Thought Leadership approach
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here