Posted on :
12 Jun, 2018
12 Jun, 2018
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is a market – leading financial services brand in Ghana, listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.
It has operated for 121 years in the country and is the oldest bank in the country.
The Bank’s focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers have driven its consistent growth in recent years.
With a current network of 25 branches and 68 ATMs across the country, Standard Chartered offers exciting product propositions for clients as well as career opportunities for more than 1000 staff in Ghana.
Job Title: Associate Principal, Compliance
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support and implement the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for Retail Banking and Wealth Compliance teams, consistent with Global Head, Compliance, Retail and Wealth. Support the Ghana vision and strategy for the Compliance function and in support of the Bank’s strategic direction and growth aspirations.
• Help the Group meet its commitment of being “Here for Good” by building a sustainable compliance framework that places regulatory and compliance best practice standards and a culture of appropriate conduct at the forefront of the Group’s agenda.
• Be a trusted advisor to Retail and Wealth Businesses and provide timely advice to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
• Proactively support and challenge the Group’s businesses and functions to exhibit appropriate conduct, comply with regulatory and compliance requirements and strive to achieve fair outcomes for the Group’s clients.
• Work closely with the business to provide timely regulatory compliance advice to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations and support the transition to pro-active and pre-emptive compliance and conduct risk mitigation.
• Maintain effective processes (including training, advice and support) to ensure that policies, procedures and standards to address compliance risks (including financial crime) are effectively implemented and adhered to across Ghana Compliance, Retail and Wealth Management businesses.
• Provide support and challenge to the Bank’s senior management to ensure that they establish and monitor appropriate processes for compliance with laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards (including meeting regulatory obligations and maintaining high standards of conduct)
People and Talent
• Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from the team and work in collaboration with risk control partners.
• Act as Owner under the Group’s Risk Management Framework for Ghana Compliance, Retail Banking and Wealth Management processes where Compliance is the second line Risk Owner.
• In collaboration with relevant senior managers support a programme for compliance monitoring surveillance and assurance for Ghana Compliance,
Retail and Wealth Management.
• Ensure effective management of compliance matters and in collaboration with the rest of the Compliance team effectively manage regulatory issues that have a significant impact on the Bank.
• Collaborate with the entire Ghana and Group Compliance teams to anticipate horizon risks that may have significant impact on the Bank and develop effective strategies to mitigate such horizon risks including global standards for conduct of business.
• Escalate to Head of Country Compliance of serious regulatory breaches or where risk tolerances have been breached and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and /or activities are ceased.
• Develop and recommend (for approval by the relevant risk committees) appropriate compliance policies and procedures.
• Ensure appropriate governance measures are in place so that approval documents reflect all relevant regulatory requirements.
• Ensure swift remediation of regulatory breaches in Retail Banking and
• Disseminate regulatory changes / practices and associated risks and proactive engagement in regulatory reform.
• In so far as they relate to regulatory compliance, be responsible for providing details of developments giving rise to a material risk that serious regulatory breaches or breaches of risk tolerances may occur and notify the Country Head of Compliance in Ghana.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Preferably a Lawyer
Strong understanding of the Regulatory environment in Ghana
Deep understanding of the Retail and Wealth Businesses.