Posted on :
30 Mar, 2021
30 Mar, 2021
Job Title: Senior Biomedical Engineer
Reports To: Technical Services Manager
Department: Technical Services Department
Contract Type: Permanent (Full Time)
Hours: Mondays-Fridays 8:00am-5:00pm (Occasional Weekend/extra working hours may be required)
Sweden Ghana Medical Centre is the leading and first private cancer care center of excellence in West Africa. SGMC covers the full range of cancer specialties; our highly skilled team uses state-of-the art equipment and European-standard treatment techniques to provide high quality radiation treatment. In addition, the Centre uses modern virtual simulation and CT-based 3D treatment planning capabilities aimed at precisely targeting radiation delivery to tumors, while protecting normal tissues. Our cancer treatment plans and modern radiotherapy techniques give all our patients their best chance to fight cancer, to survive cancer and to improve the quality of life.
Team spirit is our strength. We are receptive, keen to learn from the diverse viewpoints of all our colleagues, and always seeking to improve our skills. Together we share the responsibility for SGMC’s future and for advancing the services we deliver to patients from across Africa. We share knowledge, ideas and information in an open and honest way, in a climate of transparency, trust and respect for one another. We uphold the highest standards of ethical and professional behavior. In everything we do, we always strive to take away the burden of cancer.
Job Function and Related Performance Criteria
SGMC has a bold vision: we want to be the leading innovator in our field, with skilled employees who are motivated to deliver the best patient outcomes for our clients. We want to contribute to cancer treatment and research as we strive to give our patients the most effective therapies. Ultimately, we want to build a healthy company with a business model that works in Africa, and with best practices that help us grow our prominent role in private oncology treatment in West Africa.
As a Senior Biomedical Engineer, you will be expected to act according to SGMC’s vision as a Centre of Excellence and contribute to a professional and pleasant atmosphere both between colleagues and in patient relations. Moreover, you will be required to work in accordance with the codes and relevant guidelines of your professional licensing body.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be expected to achieve a high standard of performance as a senior biomedical engineer while you deliver on the following broad Job requirements, the details of which will be provided to you in your job description:
• Inspect the functional status of all equipment and provide a certificate to that effect, also provide a certificate of Beyond Economic Repair for all equipment to be written off.
• Confirm the status of the equipment in inventory for purposes of assuring end users as to whether the equipment, especially the Radiotherapy equipment, can still be used or otherwise help address concerns raised by the radiotherapists and provide documentary evidence.
• Perform preventive and corrective maintenance and calibration of all equipment installed
• Prepare a master list of the spares and parts required for regular service, preventive and corrective maintenance.
• Schedule maintenance and repair services for all medical equipment.
• Training and mentoring services to hospital personnel, and in safe operation of medical equipment/devices.
• Emergency response service for work related to equipment maintenance and repair works on short notice.
• Equipment Operational Services (daily checks/monitoring operations and recording in log-books, emergency response and repairs on short notice).
• Operate within your designated role, or in other roles as directed by the Technical Services Manager.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Experience: Ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2 years experience.
• Education: Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree, Biomedical Engineering of an approved University.
• License/Certification: Current up to date certification by relevant councils and bodies as required
• Candidate must be ready to learn and familiarize themselves with working in a multidisciplinary environment
• Ability to work in a team
• Highly efficient documentation skills
• Excellent analytical skills
Remuneration: Above-market average
How To Apply
All interested applicants should please email their CV and applications to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 16 April, 2021