Posted on :
6 Mar, 2020
6 Mar, 2020
Takoradi Technical University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as
Job Title: Network Engineer.
• Network engineer will be responsible for building and maintaining the day-to-day operation of computer networks that the University relies on.
• These networks typically include an intranet, extranet, local area network (LAN), and wide area network (WAN).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitoring network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability
Configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, local balancers, VPN, QoS)
• Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environment including systems software applications software, hardware and configurations
• Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required
• Protecting data, software and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software and other network and system problems.
• Replacing faulty network hardware components when required
• Maintaining, configuring and monitoring virus protection software and email applications
• Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
• Conferring with network users about solving existing system problem.
• Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
• Coordinating computer network access and use
• Designing, configuring and testing networking software, computer hardware and operating system software.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor degree in Information Technology related field of study with a network engineering focus.
• Possess M.Phil. in Information Technology
• Certificate in CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) and CCNP (CISCO Certified Network Professional).
• Have a minimum of three (3) years post qualification experience in the IT industry
• Knowledge of application, transport and network infrastructure protocols.
How To Apply
Interested persons with the requisite qualification(s) and related working experience should submit Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae with names and address of three (3) referees to the address below not later than 31st March, 2020. The Vice Chancellor Takoradi Technical University P. O.BOX 256 Takoradi Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum requirements shall be contacted. Please note that all appointments shall be by interview.
Closing Date: 31 March, 2020