Posted on :
14 Nov, 2013
14 Nov, 2013
The purpose of the CPE is to provide technical support for the completion and testing operations. This will involve conducting specialist projects as required in particular in relation to completion optimisation, failure investigations and/or cost reduction. The CPE is also responsible for continuous improvement, risk management and contingency planning. This role will work with the ES, COE, SCE (Tak) and Rig Supt to ensure that medium and long term service capability and equipment are available to meet the rig schedule(s).
Job Title: Completion Planning Engineer
The CPE will also be capable of covering both the COE and SCE (Tak) positions for short durations when required.
• Ensures EHS requirements are integral to all aspects of completion, well testing and well intervention activities.
• Contribute to delivering operational EHS performance.
• Lead by example during rig visits and foster a solid EHS culture.
• Responsible for completion/testing design in Ghana Deepwater (Jubilee Unit Area, Tano Deep and West Cape Three Points blocks).
• Ensures that all completion activities comply with company standards and governmental regulations.
• Overall responsibility for with the COE optimising completions/testing/well intervention well planning, costing and operations for one or more rigs.
• Provides completions input to team and well engineering delivery objectives as necessary.
• Ensures that all work within the area of responsibility is adequately documented and lessons learned are captured for the benefit of future Tullow operations worldwide.
• Ensure well material and service providers comply with specified quality assurance requirements.
• Build effective relationships and interact professionally with internal/external stakeholders and service companies.
• Assist in the management of the service contracts and contractor performance process.
• Provide on-time well engineering services which represent best industry practice.
• Responsible for planning for future wells and ensure required materials and services are available in country and allocated as required.
• Ensures that the appropriate procedures and technical information is in place and up to date.
• Is responsible for contingency planning and preparation.
• Can stand in for the COE and SCE should the requirement arise
• Ensures continuous improvement and Lessons Learnt are captured.
• Completion performance/efficiency improvement – identifies performance improvement initiatives
• Maintain Master Performance Tracker, which details operational comparisons, and analyse in order to optimise operations and/or reduce operational durations.
• Participate in weekly contractor meetings.
• Assists the ES in conducting well hazard assessments and assist with the provision of the major technical input into any operations hazard assessments and HAZOPs.
• Participates in well and operations hazard assessments and HAZOPs.
• Compiles and maintains well risk register and well barrier review.
• Prepare Well Cost Estimates for completion activities which will then be reviewed by the ES and approved by the RSupt.
• Conduct specialist projects as required in particular in relation to completion optimisation, failure investigations and/or cost reduction. Recommend improvements and ensure closure of actions
• Support ES in the management of the server filing system.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Fluent in English both written and spoken.
• Interpersonal skills necessary to establish good working relationships with team.
• High proficiency with IT and industry software.
Valid offshore survival certification.
• Subsea completions experience within the last two years in water depths greater than 800 metres
• Preference of knowledge and experience in design and running of subsea completions, Cased Hole Frac Packs and working in remote locations.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should
Closing Date: 27 November, 2013
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and lasting relationship. We strive to recruit the best candidate for any position in Tullow and this goal is underpinned by our attractive market-based remuneration and employment policies