Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
Tullow Oil is looking to appoint a Production Engineer on a permanent basis, based in Accra, Ghana. The selected individual will play a crucial role in Tullow’s future and will have access to opportunities to develop in senior offshore roles.
The Production Engineer will provide onshore support to FPSO operation on process and chemical engineering matters and contribute to a positive working environment, with a continued commitment to safety, to assist the Offshore maintenance team to efficiently plan and execute FPSO activities whilst ensuring full compliance with regulatory requirements.
Job Title: Production Engineer
The Successful Candidate Responsibilities include:
- Support to offshore teams daily as required. This may include extended periods offshore providing supervision or guidance.
- Support Production and Maintenance department for Daily O&M Operations and Engineering/MoC requirements.
- Provide support to the metering technicians for process flow recommendations
- Participate in root cause analysis investigations and provide input for the preparation of relevant reports for operational issues which affects HSE, systems availability and production
- Pro-actively search, prepare and deliver/follow-up upon cost saving initiatives.
- Provide input to campaign execution lead and operation planners to build up an accurate offshore execution plan for repairs and upgrades (MoCs)
- Keeping abreast with industry developments with regards to operational inspection and maintenance of FPSO structures and realization of potential benefits to operations at the appropriate stage of technique maturity.
MANGEMENT OF CHANGE / MAINTENANCE / TURNAROUNDS
- Manage the implementation of process MOC’s: working with offshore Production department, Maintenance department and 3rd party Engineering Service Contractor to develop recommendations and to produce the deliverables. Gain approval and assist with development of work-packs to implement the MOC’s.
- Liaise with 3rd party contractors to ensure readiness, safety, planning and efficiency of the execution offshore of process and chemical treatment activities
- Review all associated reports; ensure that all reports and associated maintenance recommendations are adequately populated in the CMMS.
- Review inspection reports collectively at a high level to identify any patterns that may indicate future problems.
AUDITS & VERIFICATION
- Support Production and Maintenance Superintendent and their teams to ensure offshore compliance by means of inspection, verification and audit of their allocated areas of responsibility.
- Review existing operational manuals, procedures and performance standards and update as appropriate. Ensure that offshore operation team feedback is captured in these updates
- Audits of third-party contractors and rectification of identified deficiencies.
- Maintain continuous review of operating procedures and planned maintenance activities to support and optimize the efficiency of FPSO operations
- Complies with the Tullow’s EHS Code of Conduct Policy, Standard and Procedures to protect people and the environment at all times. Has a duty of care to ensure that all personnel work in a manner that is not harmful to their own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
- Complies with the TGL Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Policy and expected training at all times
- +5 years industry experience within the FPSO operations environment.
- Process Engineering or Chemical Engineering experience
- Strong personal and interpersonal skills, culturally aware with experience of working with diverse workforce.
- Ability to analyze and verify hydrocarbon processing schemes, including gas processing and be able to assimilate technical issues and assist in delivering solutions to problems.
- Ability to develop and run process simulation cases within HYSYS would be advantageous
- Ability to find and mark-up existing documents in a coherent manner for use in scoping and implementing changes
- Proven capability and experience in leadership and management of third-party contactors.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and a high level of analytical ability to identify and resolve non-recurring problems.
- Shows evidence of good organization and project planning skills.
- A bachelor’s degree or tertiary equivalent in Process or Chemical Engineering or related discipline
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
- A performance-driven culture that generates results.
- A commitment to your personal and professional development.
- A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
- A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.