Posted on :
27 Mar, 2019
27 Mar, 2019
As a brand with Africa as the centre of its business operations, UBA strongly believes in Africa and its people with emphasis on being global. We are driving the renaissance of the African economy through innovation in Banking, having successfully built a strong domestic and international brand with footprints in 20 African countries, London, Paris and New York.
Our strong presence on the African continent is deliberate and it reflects our love for diversity and a multicultural system. We have about 15,000 multilingual, ethnically varying and highly diverse people who reflect the richness, multiplicity and uniqueness of the twenty (20) African countries we operate.
Here at UBA, each person’s contribution is valued and is important to the overall vision of the company. Your career growth is of utmost importance to us, that’s why you deserve more than a job. You deserve a tribe. Working in UBA admits you into our tribe. You will do the work that you love, one that matters to you and will be involved in cross functional projects across all our geographies. You become a part of the culture built and nurtured on values, resilience and dedication, a culture that make us a role model for African businesses.
Job Title: Market Risk Management & Reporting Analyst
One Bank, One Culture, One People. We are a tribe, join us.
Job Functions Banking
Industries Banking / Finance & Investment
Ghana, Benin Republic, Côte d’Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Guinea, Chad, Cameroon, Kenya, Gabon, Tanzania, Zambia, Uganda, Liberia, Sierra-Leone, Mozambique, Senegal, Congo DR, Congo Brazzaville and Mali.
1. Data Collection.
• Scanning financial markets for relevant data to positions held by the bank, both financial and regulatory.
• Collection of internal data for the subsidiaries through the Bank’s operating systems.
• Data collection from various market intelligence reports that impact on UBA Africa.
2. Preparation of Daily Market Risk Management Report.
• Collection of bank data to identify UBA Africa subsidiaries’ market positions.
• Collection of market data with reference to the various positions in order to be able to make comparisons.
• Preparation of daily reports which show the position of the Bank’s subsidiaries, highlighting areas of concern and areas requiring improvement.
• Monitoring of set limits for compliance for all subsidiaries in Africa.
• Circulation of reports to concerned parties and escalation of issues where the need arises.
3. Review of Reports from Subsidiaries.
• Review and analysis of Balance Sheet Ratios and limits for African subsidiaries.
• Review and analysis of daily FCCL report for African subsidiaries.
• Review of Dashboard reports for all subsidiaries.
• Review of Market Flash reports for all UBA Africa subsidiaries.
4.Preparation of Other Market Risk Reports.
• Preparation of revaluation report for the Available for Sale portfolio of the Bank.
• Preparation of Value-at-Risk Reports for Subsidiaries.
• Preparation of Sensitivity Analysis for Fixed Income and Foreign Exchange portfolios – UBA Africa Subsidiaries.
• Daily review of Treasury blotters for correctness and accuracy – UBA Africa subsidiaries including monitoring of OPL of all Subsidiaries.
5.Preparation of Management and Executive Management Reports for Subsidiaries
• Preparation of GALCO Reports – UBA Africa Subsidiaries.
• Preparation of Group Risk Management Report – UBA Africa Subsidiaries.
• Preparation of Market Risk Snapshots for the Chairman – UBA Africa Subsidiaries.
• Preparation of Board Reports – UBA Africa Subsidiaries.
•Minimum of Bsc in Accounting, Economics, Computer Science or other related disciplines
•3 – 7 years in banking, accounting firm or computer logistics company
• Basic accounting
• Understand banking operations
• Good grasp of balance sheet mappingKey Skills:
• Above average database management abilities
• Highly numerate
• Knowledge of Treasury and Market Risk Applications
• Key knowledge of Market Risk Policies and Procedures, Financial Markets and Regulatory Policies
• Basel Committee Accords