The University Guest Centre is a hospitality institution. It serves as an alternative home to the academic community and also has a catering unit within the University of Ghana. In reporting to the Manager, the Chief Domestic Bursar will be responsible for the following, among others:
Job Title: Chief Domestic Bursar
- The operations of the restaurant, kitchen, front office and housekeeping
- The sustainability and development of profitable business opportunities i.e. monitoring the performance of every staff; training of staff; planning and directing food preparation and culinary activities; ensuring that all operational and safety procedures are properly followed; assisting in the execution of the Centre’s strategic plan.
Required Skills or Experience
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in either Hotel Catering or Hospitality Management with, at least, 11 years’ post-qualification experience. Additional qualifications in hospitality management will be an advantage
- Have substantial experience of leading and managing teams as well as customer housekeeping problems
- Be able to work under intense pressure
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy in detail .
- Have evidence of contributing positively to the financial success of an organization
- Have a flexible approach to work, in terms of responding to changing or unforeseen circumstances and being willing to work outside regular hours as the need arises
- Show clear evidence of ability to hold a schedule/ schedules without supervision
- Be knowledgeable in nutrition, food and beverage trends within the hospitality industry
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
- Be computer literate
- Have good leadership skills
- Have the ability to work in all other operational sections of the Centre
- Have basic accounting skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to submit:
An application letter.
A completed application form for employment.
Curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three (3) referees.
Application blanks may be downloaded from the University’s website:www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd.
Completed application dossier should be returned to the:
Director HRODD, University of Ghana P.O. Box LG 25 Legon