Posted on :
24 Jan, 2022
24 Jan, 2022
The University of Ghana Computing Systems provides the IT services that the University of Ghana requires to fulfil its mission to be a world-class centre for research and teaching. UGCS provides innovative services and projects to support learning, teaching and research in response to the changing demands and trends in the IT ecosystem.
In order to more effectively carry out this mandate, applications are invited to fill the following Senior Member positions:
JOB TITLE: Telecom Engineer
REPORTS TO: Deputy Chief Information Technology Officer, Infrastructure
• The Telecom Engineer (TE) reports to the Deputy CITO (Infrastructure) and is responsible for identifying the requirements of the UGCS telecom networks. Duties involve working with telecommunication equipment, hardware and services. The TE is expected to solve telecom related problems by assessing situations and applying relevant solutions. The Telecom Engineer will also design and create telecommunications systems.
• Engineer telecom related solutions for various projects and operational needs in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Recommend innovative solutions for related telecom services.
• Perform periodic monitoring to ensure the integrity and availability of all communication links and systems.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Troubleshoot equipment and technical problems through routine inspections. Upgrade and configure telecom systems.
• Maintain operational configuration and/or other procedures
• Provide periodic performance reports to support capacity planning.
• Ensure continuous and appropriate power supply to UGCS computing and communication devices.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology / Telecommunication Engineering, Data Communication and Networks or related field.
• Relevant advanced professional level qualification or industry skill-based certification.
• 5 – 6 years’ experience in various areas of telecom engineering including equipment and service configuration, setup, troubleshooting, planning, designing, implementation, and user support; including Fiber Optics, ISDN, analog, TI, T2, SONET, ATM and IP PABX deployment.
• Ability to communicate concepts and processes clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
• Ability to plan, design and maintain telecommunication networks.
• Upholding high ethical and moral standards.
• Ability to coordinate and work with teams.
• Appreciation of IP Protocols and internet working of IP and Data Networks is an advantage.
How To Apply For The Job
An applicant for any of the positions is required to submit an application pack to
University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG 25, Legon,
Accra, Ghana (Hardcopy)
[email protected] (Soft Copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
• Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional Staff Application: (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
• An up to date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
Closing Date: 31 January, 2022
Further information about the University of Ghana may be found on the University website at www.ug.edu.gh.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.