AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Automation & Instrumentation Engineer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Automation and Instrumentation Engineer reports to the Senior C & I Engineer, and is accountable for overseeing tasked plant instrumentation, controls, communications installation, commissioning, and handover to Operations in a safe and compliant manner with respect to works on the Obuasi Mine Phase 3 Project.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of government of Ghana agencies, environmental, health and safety legislation and AGAG regulations.
- Accept personal responsibility for health and safety and that of every mine worker by his/her work. Also having a duty of care for themselves and others in a working environment.
- Adhere to the site’s environmental management plan.
- Report to the Senior C & I Engineer for the purposes of assisting in safety, works in progress and completions.
- Be aware of schedule requirements and be able to report early any constraints that may arise during the course of the project.
- Oversee pre-calibration checks of all instrumentation and control valves including motorized valves.
- Oversee the Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) of all remote I/O panels and network switches.
- Oversee the FAT and SAT of MCC Switchgear including DOL and VS drives.
- Oversee the installation of instrumentation, associated control, networking and cabling systems to a high standard with respect to standard hookup drawings, functionality and durability (mechanical and corrosion sturdiness) as per AGAG’s standards and specifications.
- Oversee the installation, commissioning and handover of instrumentation, associated control, networking and cabling systems to also comply to the requirements of AGAG’s Quality Assurance and Quality Control
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Engineering Degree in Electrical/Instrumentation or Electronics or Equivalent
- Must possess relevant certificate of competency from Minerals Commission of Ghana
- Understand and implement Automation and Instrumentation standards with regard to AGAG mining specifications.
- Have a strong understanding of Piping and Instrumentation drawings.
- Have a strong understanding of electrical drawings including loop drawings, termination drawings, schematics, single line drawings.
- Be familiar with vendor documentation associated with mining equipment and mining Infrastructure.
- Have an understanding of the overall control and network distribution for materials handling for underground, surface and mining infrastructure.
- Be familiar with using Microsoft Office tools for the purpose of reporting and understanding data.
- Be able to participate in setting up testing programs with regard to A & I equipment Testing.
- Be able to participate in setting up calibration procedures for Equipment prior to installation.
- Be familiar with interfacing vendor equipment into the mine Process Control Network environment
- Help build and sustain a team capable of producing good quality work in a timely manner.
- Continuously improve processes used by the team
- Model work behaviors for the team consistent with company values
- Proven ability to initiate, drive, motivate and support the construction project team to deliver the project goals
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving
- Be part of an environment of teamwork and willingness to help others
- Able to work with others from all different disciplines
- Organizational skills keep tracking of personnel, schedules and progress.