Located in Vienna, Austria, the VAMED Group is an internationally leading company in the field of Health Care. According to our philosophy “everything from one source”, we constantly develop new and innovative strategies to ensure our market leadership.
Job Title: Site Supervisor
This is an exciting time to work with our company, to share site management of the hospital projects we are currently progressing in Ghana. Using your expertise and understanding of projects of this size and nature you will overcome daily challenges by managing the logistics of site staff, equipment and materials. This is a challenging role with excellent opportunities to build knowledge and skillset whilst actively contributing to make a difference.
This is a contract role for a period of approximately 2 years; candidates must be willing to relocate to Ghana for this time period and will be hired on a freelance/service contract basis.
- Shared responsibility for the site management of hospital builds
- Responsibility for site health and safety
- Managing a multi-national team of varying skillsets and roles
- Liaising with sub-contractors
- Responsibility for scheduling, budgeting, logistics and on site resource management
- Assisting with recruitment of local trades people
- Building strong relationships with the team, stakeholders and local governing bodies
- Involvement in project and stakeholder meetings
- Responsibility for build quality control
- Responsibility and introduction of best working practices
- Meeting contractual obligations
- Min. 10-15 years site management/foreman experience
- Professional qualification to work as Foreman/Site Supervisor Proven work experience.
- Ability to read, comprehend and execute the Execution Design (Architectural, Structural, MEP and Biomed)
- Experience & understanding of large scale & budget hospital/medical projects
- Experience of working on projects in Africa and an understanding of the needs and challenges faced
- Up to date knowledge of construction standards and regulations
- Ability to indicate cost savings and recognise & communicate necessary design changes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of managing a team
- Ability to blend with local cultural customs and traditions
Location: Accra, Ghana
- Meaningful Work
- Site accommodation
- Alliance World Health Cover
- 4 flights per year to return home
- Salary dependant on relevant experience.
How to Apply
If you are interested in pursuing the opportunity, please submit your application using [email protected]