Posted on :
10 Aug, 2016
10 Aug, 2016
VisionFund Ghana is part of a network of International Microfinance Institutions working in 32 countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America. Middle East and Eastern Europe. VisionFund is a subsidiary of World Vision International and we work in partnership to unlock the economic potential for communities to thrive, by providing financial empowerment to families to create jobs and incomes that improve the well-being of children.
Job Title: Head Of Small Medium Business Unit
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Purpose of the position:
• As a strategic role, the Unit Head is expected to lead a team to develop and manage a portfolio of small and medium business clients.
• The Business Unit will focus on delivering 3 both financial and social performance results according to VFG Standards.
• Develop annual Business plans and implement strategies to grow the Business unit.
• Identify risks associated with Small & Medium Businesses and implement mitigating measures
• Coordinate and oversee the 5MB client technical assistance programme, including coordinating training sessions and the mentorship programme
• Oversee the collection of financial, social, and environmental performance data, and responsible for reporting the data to World Vision Canada
• Communicates business plan targets to Client Relationship Managers
• Works to enforce timely and evenly spread disbursements of loans throughout the month (using weekly targets, volume rankings, and other relevant tools)
• Coordinates Service Centre support to the performance of the unit.
• Monitor the development of arrears at individual Client Relationship Manager levels and recommend the implementation of mitigating solutions
• Design, plan, and implement the Performance Standard Tool for CRM
• Take the lead in organising CRM quarterly reviews
• Organise trainings on suitable topics for Unit staff
• Represent 5MB Unit in relevant trainings
Qualification Required & Experience
• Any Bachelor’s Degree relevant to the position
• At least (3) three years’ experience with small businesses management in a financial institution
• Knowledge of the local business context and value chains
• Good financial analysis skills, including a strong background in finance, accounting, and/or mathematics
• Demonstrated ability to manage people
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, email, internet)
• High degree of personal motivation
• Must be a committed and active Christian
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified individuals should send their applications titled: ”HEAD OF SMAIL & MEDIUM BUSINESS UNIT’ and CVs, to:
PMB CT 78
Closing Date: 16 August, 2016
NOTE: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted