Vodafone in Ghana is an operating company of Vodafone Group Plc – the world’s leading mobile telecommunications company, with a significant presence in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and the United States.
Vodafone is the only total communications solutions provider – mobile, fixed lines, internet, voice and data – and is currently the telecom company of choice for Ghanaians. It’s is the second ranked operator in terms of market share in the sector.
Job Title: Personal Assistant to Legal Director
To provide high-level administrative support to the Legal Director and the Legal Function as required
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
Manage the administrative functions of the office of the Legal Director and the wider team
- Management of the calendar, correspondence and logistics of the Legal Director including logistics for the wider team (supplies, conferences, meetings)
- Arrange meetings and conferences including the handling of communication, travel arrangements, process related functions and documentations.
- Process the Legal Director’s calls, referring them as appropriate.
- Prepare, proof read and edit all outgoing correspondence
- Manage / support the Legal Director special projects and support with business projects
- Manage the Legal Director’s workload, act as gatekeeper and follow up meetings, external contacts, etc
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Minimum of a degree in preferably a legal related field
- Prior experience in telecoms industry is a plus but not a requirement
- A legal background experience will also be an added advantage
- Strong grasp of Office tools including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Must be digitally inclined
Leadership and teamwork
- Must be able to work seamlessly across the Legal team and channel all key inputs into desired outcomes
- Must show initiative and anticipate the needs of the team and work proactively to deliver the necessary support
Innovation and change
- Must have a natural verve for seeking out new ideas and opportunities
- Should exhibit creativity in approaching everyday challenges in the workplace
Knowledge and experience
- Experience in customer facing or stakeholder or people management role
- The candidate must have demonstrated at least 3 years’ experience in a challenging working environment
- Able to build and maintain key business relationships to drive the attainment of team objectives