The role of the Enterprise Fixed Services Engineer (ENOC/FE) is to perform periodic maintenance Test and resolve telecommunication and data Last mile equipment. (via Copper, Radio or Fiber) to customers.
Responsible for ensuring that customer service level agreement (SLA) are achieved for all in-service technology services using the end-to-end processes
Job Title: Enterprise Service Field Engineer
- Ensure all work is carried out in compliance with Vodafone safety requirements
- Maintain high quality of workmanship standards whilst being as efficient and cost effective as possible
- To carry out work appropriate to the role and training as directed by line manager in an efficient manner at all times
- Brainstorming with relevant stakeholders and drawing a diagrammatic representation of how requested service will be delivered.
- Delivery of own work within timescales and commitment to schedule.
- To deliver effective and timely service delivery in line with Vodafone practices and behaviours
- To ensure Network/Data records are updated on job completion
- Doing an end-to-end test of services provided to our HVC Customers.
- Give feedback on resolved and pending enterprise faults promptly
- Be prepared to work after working hours, weekends and holidays.
- To ensure periodic maintenance of managed nodes (MSAN’s, MPLS routers and switches)
Key performance indicators:
- Ensure that 95% of Incidents are resolved within 5hrs within working hours.
- Plan and ensure that a quarterly Preventive Maintenance on MSAN, IP/MPLS and HVC networks are carried on time.
- Ensure ENOC is updated regularly on issue being worked on (an hourly update)
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- BSc/HND in Telecommunication, Electrical Electronics Engineering or its equivalent
- 3 – 5 years Telecoms or IT Industry experience
- Minimum of 3 -5 years’ experience in a related field
- Knowledge of engineering and quality standards
- Basic IP skills/CCNA preferred
- Must have clean driving record, and possess valid driving licence
- In-depth knowledge on GPON/FTTX/MSAN and IP/MPLS Technology
- In-depth knowledge on physical LAN/WAN wiring