The successful candidate will be analyzing, designing, planning, and optimization of cost-effective on-prem and Cloud IT Infrastructure ecosystems. Create, Maintain and Simplify an effective IT Infrastructure architecture for Vodafone Ghana in line with both the local market and Vodafone Group’s long-term goals, KPIs, and strategy.
Job Title: IT Infrastructure Architect
- Architecting and designing highly available IT Network and Infrastructure solutions to meet requirements as required by the business.
- Ensure compliance and deliver on a journey to achieving a full Cloud native solutions environment.
- Support the IT team to review software design to confirm compliance with architecture principles, and specifications, lead design discussions, present ideas to stakeholders and assist in the integration of applications and technologies.
- Advise and share experience on complex IT Network issues by providing technical guidance to project and operations team members (consultancy).
- Set targets for success and carry out ongoing risk analysis. Identify and manage risks to success and escalate accordingly.
- Ensure continued regular reporting and monitoring of IT Network capacity and planning around mitigation of any capacity issues.
Core competencies Knowledge and Experience
- Strong technological background, with qualifications in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, or equivalent.
- More than 5 years of experience in IT Network architecture.
- Excellent knowledge of telecommunications infrastructure, IP networks, Security, and Cloud technologies.
- Demonstrated extensive Design and Architecture experience in large and complex environments covering IP networks, DC and remote offices infrastructure, applications, DBs, storage media, archiving, switching, firewalling, Security devices, etc.
- Ability to initiate and run complex projects to completion.
- Ability to manage delivery with external suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Self-driven innovator and confident in IT Infrastructure principles.
- Professional qualifications in a related discipline, or equivalent industry experience; TOGAF, OS, Networks, Storage, Databases, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIE, or JNCIP for example.
Must Have Technical/Professional Qualifications
- BSc. Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or equivalent
- A Master in a related discipline is a plus
- PRINCE 2 certification